Friday, December 31, 2010

Handmade Flower Tutorial

Happy New Year to all my lovely blog friends!
Wishing everyone a wonderful 2011

Not so long ago, when I made this card

and this layout

I was asked if I could share a tutorial on these handmade flowers
First of all, I'll have to tell you that I am not the one that came up with the original idea of these flowers, so I tried to search for the tutorial online, it was long time ago and I couldn't remember whom I learn it from, so I decided to take some step by step photos to show you how I get these done 

This is the kind of fabric I used

I used my sizziz machine and die cut to make 4 circles in different sizes



You can keep it the way it is, or spray it with glimmer mist


 I am using Tattered Angels Concord from their "chalkboard collection" 
You can get them at The Pixie Shop


Use the tea light or any candle jar you have, bring the rim of the fabric close to it to get the edges curl up a little





Hot glued the layers....


top with a pearl, or brad...


Tada.........
Here's the handmade flower.......


Hope you enjoy my very first tutorial! : )


Friday (12/31)
Preview - Pixie Dust Paperie January Kit
"MY FUNKY VALENTINE"

Saturday (1/1/2011)
Designer Day 1
See the beautiful project of Pixie Lauren using "My Funky Valentine"


The prize is Pixie October Kit "Fall in Love"
Hop over to see the sketch and details

17 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

your flowers are just beautiful, kirsty! love that material. thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful nite of celebration! happy new year!! lots of love and big *hugs* steph :)

Janetcraft said...

Thanks for sharing a lovely tutorial!! and wish you a very Happy New Year !! hope to see more from you...and I hope to take parts more in any of your blogs!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful flowers! Love the tutorial! Happy 2011!

Jaime Lee said...

Happy New Year Kirsty! Your tutorial is fantastic!! Love the fabrics flower :). I wish you and family well wishes for the year 2011. Have a great New year and holidays. Cheers~

Ros said...

Happy New Year Kirsty ... Hope it's a brilliant one for you

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Kirsty!

Clare said...

Happy New Year Kirsty!

Lynnda said...

Happy New Year Kirsty.... Thank you so much for the tutorial.... Its great... I can't wait to do one.... eeeiii...big hugs buddy...xoxo

Sue Lelli said...

Oh I just LOVE these flowers! I wish I knew what kind of material that was. My luck I'll use the wrong material and start a fire in my craft room! THAT would be tragic!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Happy New Year Kirsty dear! :) Thanks for sharing the tutorial on your amazing handmade flowers..!! Will be sure to try it out! :)

Amelia Khalik said...

Happy New Year Kirsty. Thanks for sharing an awesome tutorial!!! Gorgeous flowers indeed!!! Cant wait to try ..:))

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful flowers. Thanks for the tutorial. Will have to try this soon. Happy New Year! :)

Patricia Garcia said...

Love these cute flowers, thanks for sharing the tutorial!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Joanne Leddy said...

Well done! Clear and simple - I love to make these flowers! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Stella said...

Kirsty thank you so much for the tutorial. The flowers are stunning and I love that Glimmer Mist. Wishing you a Happy New Year; may all your wishes come true!

Lori said...

Beautiful tutorial and great step by step pictures...Thank you!

Kerry Crockett said...

Great tutorial! Can't wait to try it out!