Wednesday, July 14, 2010

つまみかんざし I love all things Japanese!

Click HERE to see the "English Ros" card made for City Crafter Challenge Blog


***


When I saw this at Colour Q, I told myself, I NEED to do this. I just have this special thing for Japanese, I love all things Japanese, I learn the language and my teacher thought she never teach any foreigner that speak with the exact Japanese accent like me, I visited Japan, I even tell my husband that I want to live there someday, this is one of our plan when he stop working! I think I am a Japanese in my past life!

Over at Colour Q, Arielle chosen the theme inspired by つまみかんざし, here's my take.


I made this card based on the sketch over at Chi Chi Memories
Picture
More views of my card


I thought this Pink floral DP is kind of Japanese, doesn't it look like cherry blossom?


Here's the sentiment with 2 tiny tags, my favorite things to use



Now here's is where you want to go ....



***

Supplies -
Paper: Melissa Frances
Flower: Prima
Stamp: Papertrey Ink, Hero Arts
Button: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Color Box
Others: Martha Stewart baker twine and edge punch

12 comments:

Lynnda said...

love the colors used... and heart MS punch too... nice one... love it...xx

Willy's creations said...

Looks lovely today!

Hugs,Willy

Ros said...

Beautiful Kirsty ... gorgeous DP

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous Kirsty. Have a creative happy lovely Wednesday. xx

Tracy said...

How pretty! Love your cherry blossom DP and the layering on the border punches! By the way, cool new look for your blog. :)

cnelson said...

gorgeous! love that pp! It does indeed look like cherry blossoms!

Natalie Tong said...

lovely card! such a cute little sentiment =) Thanks for playing the CCM sketch challenge!

Sylvia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kirsty! I love your lacey edges. I can not get my punch to go throught the SU card stock! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Lori said...

The colors are so lovely on your card - love the polka dot black ribbon with those pinks!

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty love the colors :) :) :) :) :) :)

Tenia Nelson said...

What a lovely card!

Irena said...

WOnderful card.