Friday, February 6, 2015

PTI Anniversary Party (Day 2)

I am lucky to be able to sneak into my craft room this morning before I go to work. I am joining in the fun at....

Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 8th anniversary, today's challenge is to go into Maile Belles's blog to check out her wonderful creation, select a project that inspired you and then make one using elements from her card.

This is one of Maile's awesome creation


I like the clean line ...... and the 2 big section look, so I make this....


I did spend some time layering the die cut with a different color so there is contract between the words and the little flowers, unfortunately, dumb old me, I then used a background color too close to the color of the flower, and it looks like I just paste the die cut on that blue tone, sigh..... (mistake noted!)



linking up with 






15 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

I love that paper you used, it looks great with your die cut "HUGS"!

Adam said...

great card

Linda said...

Very nice card!!!

Tieva-Design said...

I love the colourful paper, fits so good with the card and the beautiful words.
Gabi

Ros Crawford said...

Super card Kirsty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!

Unknown said...

Cool! Love that die cut and stamp, too!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Contagiously Crafty said...

What a simple, but totally effective card.

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE the contrast between the letters and the stripes! FAB card Kirsty!

Manuela said...

great card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love this! What a fab design and colorful take on the original.

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, this is adorable, Kirsty! I love it!

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous my friend.

Hugs~

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very pretty card...love that HUGS die.

Greta said...

That card of Maile's is one of my favorites, too, & I really like your bright, beautiful version, Kirsty!