Thursday, February 5, 2015

PTI Anniversary Party (Day 1)

Do you know that Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 8th anniversary, there is a big party going on there, do check it out!


Day 1 challenge is to used one of the color scheme and one sketch from the DT inspiration. 

I am going with this color palette


and this sketch....



my focal point is a rose stamp from PTI Botanical Blocks


the PTI inks I used on the image are pink blush and kraft, after stamping and coloring the image, I add a layer as frame using PTI cardstock.


the word YOU is from a PTI thank you die, I trim away the word "thank" after die cut it with Melon berry cardstock.


I also create a textured background by stamping the cardstock with one of the stamp from PTI fair isle motifs stamp set. I intentionally leave the inside of the card blank so I can use whatever sentiment I need once I know who is the recipient of this card, there are a lot of useful lines I can use from the stamp set show in the picture next....



thanks for your well wishes for my last post, I am still sorting through a lot of things at the Singapore Club, meanwhile, I am trying to keep myself busy with things, my step son Andy is here, father and son went golfing in the day and we try to go out as much in the evening, this week, we went to...



and 



I always like Cirque du Soleil, although Mystere is not on the top of my Cirque shows list, but I would still give that a 7/10, and Jabbawockeez.... hmmmmm.... I only realized that I am OLD when I am sitting in the theater, I felt so out of place. LOL! well, loud music, street dancers are really not my things, I kind of just sit there and tried to hide behind others when they were trying to pick up people from the audience to make fun of....... : (



21 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your card is gorgeous!! I love love love that flower!! And I always wanted to see Jabbawockeez!! I love street dancing! When we were in Vegas last year, we saw a bunch of street dancers outside of the Bellagio and loved it!!!

Adam said...

cool card

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I so enjoy looking at your creative talent. Thank you so much for sharing.

Tieva-Design said...

Fantastic card.
Gabi

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card!
Elma

Ros Crawford said...

Great card and I love the design!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card!!!! I love it so much!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Kirsty, love your layout and the soft colors! Have a wonderful Friday!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooooo, Kirsty! This is one of my all-time top faves of yours! Wow, wow, WOW! You nailed that sketch, and gorgeous color combo. Seriously stunning work!

Maria said...

A very pretty flower with great design, Kirsty! Have a great weekend!:-)

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card! A perfect image to use with that split design!

alexandra s.m. said...

A very beautiful and soft card Kirsty!
Have a wonderful week-end!

Unknown said...

What a great card. I LOVE the flowers image. I do hope you have a great weekend my friend.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

SO pretty, a great take on the sketch and colors!! I need to play along , Pneumonia better :-)

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is a lovely cards. Great use of the colours and sketch.

Birgit said...

This is so serene and beautiful!

Unknown said...

Pretty rose card Kirsty, at first I thought it was partly embroidered!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Contagiously Crafty said...

The color combo is so pretty- your take being very lovely. I just love PTI products!

Rosemary said...

so lovely!!

Manuela said...

lovely card, have fun and enjoy the time outside :-)

Greta said...

One of these days I'm going to see Cirque du Soleil! Beautiful card--perfect use of that sketch, Kirsty!