Sunday, August 25, 2013

Our Beautiful World Week 9 ~ Strong


is a place where you could share photographs taken by you from your part of the world


We have a new word prompt every Sunday

this week is my turn to pick the word


STRONG


When I see New Yorker, I see the word STRONG! Not just because New Yorkers had gone through so much tough time and be able to not only come back, but stronger as it used to be, also not because people said "If you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere". It is because I have a story in New York City, a story long enough to write a book, close friends who know me well always hear me said "I grew up in New York", and they knew what I meant by that. New York is the place that makes me STRONG.

I took this photo when I went back to NYC in May, from our hotel window, I can see the famous New Yorker Hotel, first opened in 1930.

one more shot



I played with the photo a bit, changed it to black and white and then bring out the accent color that I want, I had fun with this technique and have been playing with some of my photos lately.

Now come on and tell us what STRONG means to you

@

Our Beautiful World




21 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic picture!
Elma

Ros Crawford said...

This is wonderful ... I can feel all your sentiment with this photo ... Sometimes we forget just how strong we are ...
xxx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you played with the colors! Great pick for STRONG!

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

Awesome picture and editing Kirsty!! that is one impressive building that has stand strong against it all!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Perfection!! You know that's my home too and totally agree!!!!!

kateri said...

my family makes me strong. Great picture of New York. There are some stunning buildings there. I loved the people there, the history, the colorful and busy life all around.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous picture of the building and playing with the colours makes it give off different 'vibes' for lack of a better word. The top one seems older and slightly menacing, the second look just as strong but in a more peaceful way (colour tones do that). Life is what makes me strong!

Unknown said...

That is the perfect photo for this prompt.. Love it..

It's so good to have internet once again.

Hugs~

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow, what an awesome building.

sandi said...

Fabulous 'strong' picture Kirsty!

Shahrul Niza said...

Gorgeous photos, I LOVE what you did to the original :). I LOVE NYC ... I wish I could visit her again. Beautiful sight at every turn, I was wishing they had a 'You've Got Mail' tour :). Hugs.

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a lovely building! And I can so see how it, and all of New York, makes you think of the word strong. Perfectly fitting! :)

Debbie P said...

Oh my goodness, this photo is stunning! Fantastic job!

Bonita Rose said...

gorgeous photo! i am interested in being a weekly contributor to this blog.. being part of your group. I am passionate about photography and blog daily if not more than once! I'd love to be a part of your team. plse let me know if there are any openings.. I'd love to take part in this! bonitarose
email me bonnieangel1797@gmail.com with any info/details.

thank you!
I so believe in what you are doing here!

dawn said...

This is a great picture and story for this weeks prompt. I can't imagine being up that high. My post isn't ready yet, having a hard time with the prompt but hope to have it soon.

LOVE LOVE the card above and below, BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sylvia said...

Great photo's of New York, Kirsty! What a fun prompt word!

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous photo's Kirsty...and that angry sky is amazing! Super!

Unknown said...

Great photo Kirsty and it's such a good thing to know that we people are in general much more resilient and strong than we'd expect ourselves to be!
Ira’s Crea Corner

libbyquilter said...

you did a fabulous job with the "strong" prompt~!

i love the way that you have selectively colored the words within the first image~!

hope that your week is going well.
:-)
libbyQ

My Creative House said...

A wonderful choice for the word strong Kirsty, great photo.
Anni