Tuesday, August 27, 2013

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 174 ~ Cottage Roses and Gingham

This week at City Crafter Challenge Blog

The beautiful inspiration photo picked by Charlene


It is lovely Charlene, and so YOU! I love it, and had fun making my project too, thanks!

 Cottage Roses and Gingham

who doesn't like that?


this is another page to filled up my 2013 year book


remember? I told you before, I always have the intention to do a small album that highlight the important events in each year, but by end of the year, my memory gives in and I always had problem getting the dates right, so in 2013, I decided to "scrap as it goes", try to mark down the event and scrap as soon as possible and not wait till year end.

My brother-in-law Dan and his wife visited us back in February, we took them to the Bellagio Botanical Garden.


I pick out the roses and gingham paper right before I start this page, but as the layers piled up, I noticed my gingham patterned paper almost all cover up, whew....... so I took a really really close up to show you that I DID USED gingham, LOL!


you can see a tiny bit more of the gingham paper right next to the green leaf here too


I did have lots of fun though....



Come join us this at



Our special guest star Sue Lelli and the CCCB designers have more to show you, hop right over now!







27 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

So soft and pretty and I love your design!

Anonymous said...

very nice- at the first moment I thought its me on the picture:-)

elma

Mrs Beez said...

The colours are so pretty, love the papers you have used and that main rose is gorgeous.

Ros Crawford said...

It's gorgeous!! What a great Idea too ... I ought to do that ... my memory get worse!

Sylvia said...

What a pretty page, Kirsty, love the glittered roses! Have a beautiful Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Sweet and lovely page! Kirsty, roses here are beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!

Unknown said...

this is just gawwww-jess!!! I love it! you are so talented!

Kerry said...

What a lovely page Kirsty it will make a great addition to your book and I love those papers too. xx

Audrey Pettit said...

This is a truly beautiful page, Kirsty, with or without the gingham showing very much! I LOVE all the pinks and the mix of prints, and the combo of flowers is stunning. The one dimensional flower and silk leaf is just stunning, too!

Unknown said...

Awesome page and such a clever idea to scrap as you go!

Angi Barrs said...

Super gorgeous! Love the flowers.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Kirsty!!! I love the rose and design!

Contagiously Crafty said...

So soft and beautiful, Kirsty. The chevrons are a perfect offset to the soft flowers and really create a sense of movement. Lovely!

Denise van Deventer said...

So soft and gentle and pretty! Love this beautiful page! ;-)

Unknown said...

So pretty, love the delicate flowers, great looking page Kirsty!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your design and the BEAUTIFUL pink roses, Kirsty! Perfect way to highlight a special memory! Pretty papers, too! THX for allowing me to guest host this month! You have all been so SWEET!

Unknown said...

It looks amazing. I LOVE the way this turned out. Pretty, Pretty..

Hugs~

Sheila said...

Such. A pretty layout! I love that combination!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Fabulous page!! Love your gorgeous layers and pink chevrons! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Tracy said...

Your page is lovely Kirsty. Such pretty shades of ink and those chipboard flowers really dress up the layout. Hugs!

Denise Price said...

Love the dimension on this one! The soft pink is so pretty, and all the roses are gorgeous.

Carol L said...

What a fabulous idea to scrap as you go! Beautiful page with a gorgeous flower accent!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm such a fan of gingham, and those glitter blooms steal the show! Yum!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful design and papers! Love it!
hugs
Glenda

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! This is just gorgeous! Love what you've done here!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very pretty in pink.