Tuesday, August 13, 2013

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 172 ~ Count your blessing!

I am hosting City Crafter Challenge Blog this week.

The theme is

Count Your Blessing

Here's my project



I made this album for my brother-in-law Dan when he and Marilyn came to Vegas for a visit early this year.



we took them to Red Rock Canyon



when I make mini album, I like to leave some space for journaling, that way, the recipient could jot down their thoughts on these pages.



Dan asked about the plants while we were at Red Rock Canyon, so I did a little research for him



Marilyn loves to play bingo, I hope she likes this page






I hope you come play along with us




We have a special guest star for the month of August at CCCB. She is my wonderful blog friend Sue Lelli, stop by Sue's blog to say hello, I know she will be happy to see you there!





Movie Night



source

We went to the movie over the weekends, it was a cute one, hubby liked it and laughed non stop, I was so tired after all those traveling and fell asleep halfway, LOL, that's me!



23 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work! Love what you've done here! :D

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is such a beautiful little project with such special memories. I am sure they are treasuring it.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Glenda Atkins said...

You make the marvellous mini album keepsakes. This is just fantastic!
hugs
Glenda

LauraVi said...

Beautiful project, I like every page!
Now I am your follower

Dora said...

This is beautiful!!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a gorgeous album and such a thoughtful gift! I love each page ... And I would have fallen asleep too if I were you! Have a good day!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors and the photos!! And the Joshua Tree is my FAVE!!!! And we loved Despicable Me 2!!!! :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful book, Kirsty, love all the wonders from your world! Have a lovely Tuesday!

sandi said...

Wow! This is just beautiful! Such nice pages too!

Audrey Pettit said...

Totally fabulous mini album! Loving all the Webster's goodies!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Wow... what a beautiful and wonderful album! Such a sweet and precious gift for them, I'm very sure they'll be delighted. Love that you added the plant names too. Awesome work Kirsty!

Hugs and happy, Wendy

Unknown said...

LOVE this!!! fantastic mini album!!!! I hear DM2 is really hilarious, haven't had the time to see it yet...

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous album! I bet they loved it!!!

Contagiously Crafty said...

What a sweet book of memories for your brother and his wife. I think they'll both really enjoy the book. Great challenge... might have to whip something up.

Anonymous said...

This album is spectular Kirsty!!! I LOVE LOVE the cover and all the little details!!

Lindsey said...

What a fabulous, thoughtful gift. I lived in Las Vegas for a few years while I was growing up, and it was fun to see pictures of Red Rock Canyon again.

Sue Lelli said...

Kirsty, your mini album is just a treasure! LOVE that you researched the plants! Love that you have spots for journaling! Just Incredible!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Such a lovely little mini album Kirsty, you are such a blessing to your loved ones.

Darnell said...

Oh my gosh, Kirsty, your mini album for them is astonishing! What a treasure!!

Tracy said...

Love all the seed and plant packets Kirsty. Wonderful little album. :-) Hugs!

Unknown said...

WOW!! What an amazing book my friend. Lot of fabulous pages. So many wonderful details.

My daughter took Myles to see that movie, she said it was great and Myles loved it.

Hugs~

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful book and amazing gift that is, without a doubt, sure to be treasured!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow. I am sitting here in awe looking at each page of this little album. So much love, thought, and detail went into this!