Saturday, August 31, 2013

Looking back......

I am not at all productive this week, spent so much time re-decorating another room, so maybe it is a  good time for....

Looking back

New York City - August 2012

There is so much of New York to take in, even I lived there for 8 years and went back to visit again and again,  I still can never tired of this wonderful city......

on this trip, hubby and I totally want to be tourist again, took the New York Water Taxi from South Street Seaport and went to the Williamsburg Flea by the East River.


got a gorgeous sight of the Brooklyn bridge on the ferry


and saw Frank Gehry's building from a distance, and the Freedom Tower was still under construction at that time


Williamsburg Flea is part of Brooklyn Flea


Dough - I heard they are good


I had these instead, fatty pork belly just looks good to me


old stuff, nice stuff



it is lucky that I always travel light and have no space for these stuff


other wise, will burn a big hole in my hubby's pocket


did get a box of these for 5 bucks though


we took a 45 minutes walk to Green point, where my favorite bakery is


Ovenly has the best sea salt chocolate cookies, yum!!!! If you are in Brooklyn, do stop by, they do sell these yummies at Joe's coffee in Manhattan


the park near Ovenly, great view of the Manhattan skyline


on the same trip, I also met up with Lauren, where I treated her at Alice Tea Cup on the upper west side for her birthday meal




Look! Lauren came with a plan too, we are going thrifting in the city together


and here are some of the goodies I brought home from NYC


a really really cool cookbook from the 60s, with real pink pages


ok, I gotta go, lots to do today, have a great Labor Day weekends my friend in the USA and for my friends overseas, have a fun one too!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirsty- thankls for the pic from NY! Was there 1993- so long time agon but I remember well all days there

Have a grat day
elma

Ros Crawford said...

Loved seeing your photos ... Have a beautiful weekend my friend

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*Sigh* I love my home.... awesome pics Kirsty!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

It is so much fun to travel along with you on your journeys, Kirsty! I can really feel the love you have for New York in your stories. So glad you had a wonderful trip and loving the sweet little goodies you brought back home. :)

Carol L said...

Thanks for the fun trip to NYC! I'm with you on the pork bellies - they look delicious!

sandi said...

Great pics Kirsty! So trip inviting!

Debbie P said...

Love, love all these photos! I've never been to New York, and your photos make it looks sooooo awesome! I love the photos of the iconic places to visit and those flea market type finds are amazing! tfs!

Denise van Deventer said...

Super photo's...makes me long for some travelling again! ;-)

Unknown said...

Lovely trip in NYC! I am surely enjoying your wonderful photos Kirsty!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Unknown said...

Officially wish I was with you at that trip, amazing!

Unknown said...

Lots of great photos my friend. Sounds like you had a great trip. You know I Love that city as well now.

Hugs~

Lynette Jacobs said...

You just make me more resolved to visit your country and do a road trip.