Thursday, July 21, 2016

Project Life 2016 ~ May 8 to 19

I am so behind with so many things, and don't have time to take part in challenges anymore, it was hard! I still read some of the blog and saw many interesting challenges that I wish to take part but I just couldn't find time nor energy to do them at this point.
I am also behind on my project life, I very much would love to document my life in the form of photo journal, and fear that the longer I wait, I might forget some of the details, especially I just had a month-long trip late May and into June, there are so much I want to put into my photo journal, AKA project life, but just couldn't find time.

Well, I managed to go to my craft room last weekend, so here you go...


Project Life 2016

May 8
Today is Mother's Day, I wasn't feeling so well (sad face)


May 9
I finally get the last bit of the trip plan done, I have been working for days, and wasn't so lucky with a lot of accommodation arrangement in Europe, finally found a place in London.

We gave Papi a REAL bone today, boy, he was happy like a happy dog!


he likes it so much and took the bone upstairs and trying to hide it from us.


Because Papi has been marking lately, we put him in his play pan when we go out....


 in the beginning, we found this when we came home....



but we found that he was out of the play pan when we came home, we don't know how he did it?
 the play pan was completely out of shape, but the 3rd or 4th time, he was outside the play pan when we got home, we don't even know how did that happen?






May 10
We took Papi to Doggie District for a trial today, a day care that he might stay for 3 nights when we all go to New York City for Dolce's graduation some time soon.
DH and I took a tour at the place, and within a few minutes, we saw other dogs humping on Papi, we felt that he would be bullied, so we asked to go in to look at him for a second time, I think the staff wasn't too happy, and I also felt that they only put up a show when there are visitors because when we asked to go in for the second time, she kind of speak in a high tone and loud voice to alert the staff inside saying "parents coming in again!!!", so the staff inside all stand by their location with the dogs, I think they are all indoor and let the dog do what they want when no one is looking, so I don't really feel so good.
We supposed to leave Papi there for at least three hours, an hour later, they sent an email of Papi to me, well, you know I don't really fancy all that superficial thing, the important thing I am looking for in a dog day care is that they treated our baby with care, I don't need those photo that don't really mean a thing.

at the end of the trial session, we were also given a report card and a treat bag



We don't really care about these stuff since we don't feel good about leaving Papi there, we will continue to look for other pet hotel/day care



May 14
Today's is Dolce's birthday, I sent her a care package few days ago.
Today is also the last day of my Saturday Chinese Class, I took a photo with all my little ones.


When we came home today, we found Papi outside his play pan again, this is the 3rd time he get out of there and we still don't know how he did it.



May 16
We visited two more Pet day care today, the first one is Las Vegas Dog Resort, the place is nice and clean, the dog have their own room and cute little bed, however, DH felt that the staff working there don't look that happy so we decided to go take a look at Doggie Oasis.
Doggie Oasis is quite small, but we decided on that one because DH thinks at least the staff look upbeat and happy, and the big plus is that they have camera in all three rooms so we could see Papi online, and we could pay for an app on our phone and we could see him wherever we are, we will take Papi there for a trial tomorrow.


May 17
Papi went to Doggie Oasis for his trial, DH took a photo online when Papi and I were at Doggie Oasis. He was just sniffing all over the place while I was filling out the paper work.


We have to leave him there for at least three hours, when I was home, I just glue my eyes on my computer and watch him, at first he was all excited, just like going to the dog park, he wants to play with every dog, and then we saw other dogs hump on him again, and there is one little dog just keep nipping on him, : (.... I felt so sad...
 and then Papi pee and poop in the room, that is so very rude Papi!



May 18
Today is the grand opening of IKEA Las Vegas location, I have been waiting for today for two whole year. Since I drop DH at the airport, I just stop by, there were a lot of people already in line when I got there at 7:55 AM.

What you see here is the tail end of the line.....


30 minutes later, the line has a few lap....


 they open at 9 AM sharp, even though I was there at 7:55, I am not even in the first 1000 people in line


May 19
Today is the last day I am home with Papi, I will be leaving tomorrow for NYC, Europe and Singapore, it is going to be more than one month, I will miss my baby boy!

 
 Thanks for stopping by, I will be back for more if I can find time to play in my craft room!

 

12 comments:

Adam said...

My dog used to take bones out to the storage building outside and bark at it alone. Never understood that one

Anonymous said...

thanks for all the beautiful pictures
elma

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwww it is SO HARD to find a dog babysitter :( We are lucky that my friend Jason stays at our house when we have to go somewhere ... LOVING all the pages!! And that is crazy about IKEA! I heard it was like that here in Tempe when they opened their location too! LOL!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

How sweet...
always a pleasure to catch up with your events and your PL is looking great!
Thank You!

Tieva-Design said...

Great design.
Gabi

Stella said...

That's quite a sotry about Papi; and how is he doing now? I am glad you managed to go to your craft room; it's always great to see and read your PL posts!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a sweetie!

Sylvia said...

Oh my, Kirsty, what a lot of work, but I so enjoyed reading every bit! See, you finally got to where I was with challenges. Life just happens and we move on when we get so busy that there is no time! Hope you are enjoying your Friday! My kids and grandkids are here for the weekend, so I will really be busy! Happy Friday!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I know how difficult it is for you to leave Papi! You are such an amazing pet owner, my friend.... always thinking of the needs of your little baby. Thanks for sharing! Your pages are adorable!

Greta said...

Always love reading your PL posts, Kirsty! Hope things calm down for you & you can get back to playing in challenges & doing what makes you happy! I can so understand the trauma of leaving Papi when you travel. We're very lucky our vet is a 24 hr emergency vet 1/2 mile from us & they do boarding. Fritz doesn't get to play with other dogs, but we're fine with that. We know the staff are qualified & caring & a vet is always on the premises. Still, Fritz doesn't like it & will only eat his treats, so most of the time we travel separately or just go camping with Fritz! Big hugs, Greta

Contagiously Crafty said...

I so enjoy reading about your days and seeing the pictures. It is so clear you care about Papi. They are just like our children, though by maybe even more dependent. I hope your busy days (I've been busy too,must be the time or year) slow to a more normal pace so that you can catch up on your PL and play along with challenges. We love to watch your creative process.

Denise van Deventer said...

Myself even...for the last few months had no time to play along with challenges...this month is the first time in ages that I got to play along with the Prima challenges. I hear you on the PL...you are so right...that if you don't document it soon enough, one does forget! Loving the photo's and great PL spreads! ;-)