Tuesday, July 5, 2016

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 319 ~ The Book of Love

How do you measure LOVE? Especially LOVE for your children?
If you ask me, my answer would be.....

A parent's LOVE is Whole,
No matter how many times divded.

I only wish my children understand.

I made a BOOK of LOVE sometime ago for Clare, when she started a new page of her life.


this BOOK of LOVE is in the photo journal form....


 it started with a a few of her baby photos....


 and then Clare as a young lady....


the next few pages is her life in Singapore, New York and Las Vegas, and then the day I sent her to college, and photo of her graduation recital....


I leave some blank journal card for her to write down her thoughts......


and then the important day when she is officially on her own....



I do have a graduation speech by Bill Gates, meant for the graduate to read by somehow, a little doggie seems to be interested too (see his little foot on the top left corner?)
 


and then I filled up lots of pockets with journal card, she can continue with the journaling on her own
 

my daughter probably do not have a lot of art supply at home so this BOOK of LOVE comes with glue stick and other embellishment for her to get creative
 

here's my BOOK of LOVE for my kid...
 

do you have one? come share with us at

City Crafter Challenge Blog


~ Kirsty

19 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

What a wonderful wonderful gift this is Kirsty!
I love everything about your book and I'm sure your precious DD will treasure it!
Bravo!!

Sylvia said...

What a sweet book for your daughter, Kirsty, love the photos. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Linda said...

So beautiful, Kirsty!

Ros Crawford said...

It's beautiful Kirsty! Your love for her just pours out... I love the page by Bill Gates - Terrific! I need to print that out!
My thoughts are with you... Big hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, you are making me tear up with your beautiful and heartfelt book, Kirsty! The love absolutely pours through! What a treasure! <3

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos and all the extras you added for her book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stella said...

Kirsty I know for sure that Clare will treasure this. I love this post and had a great time looking and reading. And you are a wonderful mum; she's privileged to have you!

Marina said...

So fabulous, so sweet.

Sue Lelli said...

Your book is such a treasure! I cried! In a good way!

Maria said...

What an awesome project you made for your daughter, Kirsty! It's filled with wonderful memories and pages for her to add to! I'm sure it will be treasured!

Greta said...

What an absolute treasure you've created for your daughter, Kirsty--I'm in awe!

Anonymous said...

wonderful gift and a wonderful memory too
Elma

Dora said...

Beautiful album! And using of photos. Very personal.

Contagiously Crafty said...

This book is so lovely. I've thought about doing something similar for my daughter as she gradduates this year. You've inspired me!

Haddock said...

What a lovely collection.
A lot of love has gone into making it. (preserve it - the kids will cherish it one day)

Denise van Deventer said...

Your PL spreads are gorgeous! Great job! ;-)

Tieva-Design said...

Great job! Your daughter will love it!
Gabi

Tracy said...

I made a book for my daughter several years back focusing on her different traits. She loved it and I'm sure yours will treasure this one too. Lovely work Kirsty. Hugs!

Denise van Deventer said...

This is such a special and gorgeous gift Kirsty...I am sure your daughter is sooo appreciative. You have also thought of everything...just like the caring and special Mother you are!! ;-)