Saturday, July 23, 2016

Project Life 2016 ~ May 20 to 22

Project Life 2016

May 20
Early morning today, I dropped Papi off at Doggie Oasis, the day care/boarding that he will stay for three days when we are gone. I am so so sad.....

I got to the airport at 7AM and on my way to New York City for Dolce's graduation, DH flew to Boston on Monday for work and we will meet in NYC.
 
Whenever I get a chance on my phone, I would look at the papi cam to see what is my baby boy doing...

 sometimes he is curious and want to make friends with others...


but a lot of the time, he would just stand there and stare at the gate, maybe he is thinking "when is mom coming to pick me up?" I feel so so sad leaving him there but I have no other choice since both DH and I, plus Clare will be all in NYC for Dolce's graduation.


I arrived in New York around 5, but got stuck in traffic for more than 2 hours, it is dinner time by the time I got to our friend's house. Imran is a vendor and friends who worked for DH, we knew Imran more than ten years, every time we come back to the city, he also invited us to stay with him, but we never did. This time because Dolce's campus is in Queens, so we finally agreed to stay with Imran.

Imran and his family are from Iran, they moved here for a better life, hard working and honest people, he works 18 hours a day just to provide for his family, it is sad for me to hear their kids talking about the election at dinner, that if Mr. T was elected, they will have to stop school, or even move out of America, how sick the country is that a 7 year old has to fear for his future just because they are immigrants, just because they are Muslim.



May 21
Graduation is tomorrow, we have a free day today, Imran assigned one of his driver to take care of us the whole day, so we go into the city. High Line has been one of the places I wanted to visit, it wasn't there when we lived in NYC, and every time I came back here, there is just too many things to do on the list, we finally made it to High Line this time. 
I have a post on High Line few days ago, you can check out more pictures of High Line if you are interested.



High Line is a piece of GREEN build in the hustle and bustle of NYC...

after High Line, we walked a big loop to Chelsea Market, we passed by Chelsea Piers....


I used to take Dolce to Chelsea Piers for her gymnastic training, 3 times a week, rain or shine, I still remember those days, especially in the cold winter nights, I just wish that I don't have to do that, but what do you do, a Mother supposed to provide whatever best for their kids, Dolce loves gymnastic when she was young, even when times were rough, she won't quit, so as mother, I just have to push myself to go on.


Chelsea Market was here when I lived in NYC, but I haven't been here...


I just love market places, but we don't have a lot of time because we want to go to China Town for our favorite soup dumplings...


soup dumplings and spicy cabbage from Joe's Shanghai is a MUST whenever we come back to NYC
 

it is such a luxury to have a driver taking you wherever you want.... after lunch we went to Freedom tower to see the reflection pool...




May 22
Today is Dolce's graduation day, it was raining so it took some of the fun away...


I am so proud of my baby girl, she just turn 21 in May, and she received her Bachelor degree with highest honor (Summa Cum Lande is what they announced it)
 


After graduation, we went out for lunch and then back to Imran's house to pick up our bags, we are on the way to Europe!!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures
elma

Tieva-Design said...

Great pages.
Gabi

Audrey Pettit said...

I always love your PL pages, and love all the extra photos and stories you include in your posts! It's so fun to see and hear about places that are new to me, and I love that you take us traveling along with you! <3

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What great memories from your time there! I have that SAME NYC tag!!!! I keep hoping to make it back home someday, so I have been holding onto it forever! LOL!! So sorry to hear that your friend has those worries about the upcoming election ... so sad :(

Greta said...

Sounds like a wonderful time in New York, even with the rain. Good you were able to stay with your friends & yes, it is sad all the prejudice & fear in our world today. Love the picture of hubby with Dolce!

Sue Lelli said...

What a FABULOUS post! LOVE sharing all of your moments! Be SAFE in Europe!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Congratulations to Dolce. You should be proud (so should she!) as the honor of Summa Cum Laud is quite an accomplishment. The photos are lovely, just like your layouts.

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous photo's and love your spreads, as always! ;-)

Stella said...

A beautiful start of an amazing trip; a big congrats to Dolce to graduate Summa Cum Laude! Such a smart and brillaint youg woman. You did a fantastic job raising your children; it must have been quite tough from time to time. But you did it. You definitely are an amazing mum and woman!