Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Have you ever seen this?

Have you ever seen this?


It just looks like musical notes on staff to me!


This was taken in December, when we did the 3,000 miles cross country road trip from New York City to San Francisco, I can't remember the exact location, or state when I took this, I pull this old photo out because it inspired this card I am showing you next!


It is for the challenge over at Embellish Magazine
A color challenge featuring BIRDS



Cardstock is from Bazzill Basics and PTI
Pink DP from Basic Grey
Green DP from PTI
Ribbon is from PTI as well
Stamp (line) from PTI
Stamp (birds) from Papeterie

Here's the link to Embellish Magazine again, just in case you want to play along

*** 

If you are looking for City Crafter Challenge Blog "YUM" DT's sample, click HERE!

11 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply darling card Kirsty! Your inspiration photos are quite interesting & spooky! All those birds sitting on the wire look great!

~Tammy~ said...

What a great inspiration you had to work from! Beautiful!

Chris said...

Who neat to think of them as notes...I love your resulting card!! I will always think of it when I see birds on a wire. :)

Lovely blog as well - so many great ideas, you are very talented. Sounds like Chicago was super - I'm originally from that area! Thank you again for playing along with the Embellish challenge!!

Ros said...

So clever Kirsty ... love your card ... the birds look spooky on the line against that dark sky ...

Stella said...

Yesterday I saw "The Birds" from Hitchcock; and now I see your card. Spooky and fun at the same time!
What an original and sweet idea to use the birds as if they were notes. Gorgeous; really gorgeous!

cnelson said...

love the inspiration...LOVE the card!! soooooo fabulous!!!

Sarah Martina said...

Such a fantastic interpretation! :) Love what you did with the colors, too! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Irena said...

Very beautiful card, great inspiration.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card Kirsty! Yes, I have seen birds on a wire. They do that quite often in rural areas!

Kathy said...

Wow what a cool post and love your inspiration and the card!

Mariana Grigsby said...

This card is fabulous! I love your inspirational image! Thanks for playing along with us!