Monday, August 9, 2010

CCCB # 17 ~ I left my HEART in San Francisco!

Hey, it is week 17 at City Crafter Challenge Blog and it is my turn to host, like always, I love to do a city triggled theme, this week, it is San Francisco, not only I love San Francisco, I also love Tony's Bennett's signature piece - I left my heart in San Francisco! I can listen to it over and over again, just like how I love visiting San Francisco again and again.
Alight, back to the point, since it is "I left my heart in San Francisco", so our project this week for CCCB is to create a card/layout/project with a heart or hearts on it, easy peasy right? Here you go.... this is my post-it holder with lots of hearts.


This is the front view of the post-it holder, the Tim Holtz chipboard HEART is the focal point, I embellished it with Prima roses, my all time favorite, and pearls from Martha Stewart. DP is Melissa Frances and The Girls' Paperie, the heart edge punch is from Martha Stewart as well. Red color DP is from Anna Graffin.


You can hang this on the board at your desk, or anywhere that is easy to reach




This is what you'd see on the inside when you flip it
The carnival ticket stamp from PTI was stamped on Anna Graffin paper, rose and corner embellies are from K & Company.

Middle part of the inside is where I placed the heart shaped post-it pad.


There at the bottom of the inside, you'll see the photo of me and my husband taken 2 years ago in San Francisco with the cable car as backdrop.

And this is the view when you folded the bottom portion and flip only the top portion, in another words, this is a tri-fold project.

Alright, come' on over to City Crafter Challenge Blog and see what the other DTs had created, we are having the talented Lori Hairston as our Guest Designer this week, if you are a regular at CCCB, you probably have noticed Lori's beautiful creations, we are so honored to have her this week at City Crafter, not forgetting our DT, Linda, June, Cheryl and Ros, go visit their personal blog to see how they created their beautiful projects as well. The beautiful inspiration photo is from a dear blog friend Koralee, if you have been around the blog land much, you probably already found The Bluebird Notes, Koralee's blog is filled with beautiful images and wise words, thanks Koralee, for letting us use your beautiful artwork, do stop by Koralee's blog, I bet you'd become a follower in that instead, just like I did for my first visit there. Last but not lesat, our fabulous sponsor this week is The Chip Chop Shop, LeeAnn at the chip chop shop is kindly sponsoring a $20 store money to spent HERE, take a look, I am sure you will find those embellies pretty and fun to play with! Wanna be that lucky winner? Come join us for this week challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog!

22 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a beautiful post-it note holder, kirsty! i love your creation! pretty colors and DPs. love those tickets! cute pix of you and your hubby :)! thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

koralee said...

So clever my friend....your work is amazing. xoxo

koralee said...

Just me again...thank you so much for linking to my blog...just took a peek over at the City Crafter Challenge blog...I feel so blessed that you are using my image. I can't wait to see the results. xoxoxoxo

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is amazing! What a fun little note holder---lots of love went into it! TFS!

cnelson said...

What a beautiful and fantabulous project!! LOVE it sooooooooooo much!!!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

What cheery card, Kirsty! Still smiling <^_^>
xx

Ros said...

This is lovely Kirsty and your hubby looks so nice .... I'm so jealous that you have those PTI goodies .. xxx

Sheila said...

Love your style!

Irena said...

Kirsty, very pretty photo.
Your creation is gorgeous. I like every detail on it.

Lynnda said...

This is so lovely Kirsty...so sweet... love it...

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful.. I just love that punch at the bottom! And the is a great picture of you and the hubby! Have fun in LA today!

Hugs, Linda

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Kirsty! Love the heart border punch. Super sweet! :)

Stacy Kay Brais said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy Kay Brais said...

Beautiful!! This is so pretty I love all the embellishments
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

so pretty Kirsty

Lori said...

Love the embellishments on the front and then all the bonus content - this is wonderful!

Stella said...

Kirsty this is beautiful; those tickets and your bow are so pretty. And the final result - as always - is gorgeous!
And just like Ros ...I wish I had some PTI goodies... :)
Have a wonderful day!

Art Chick said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kirsty!

Leeann Pearce said...

Wow kirsty ...your card is stunning!!!! So nice to put a face to your name. Thanks leeann:)

Anonymous said...

Sooo Sooo `Beautiful` Kirsty TFI:)x

Miria said...

Hi, Kirsty. This post-it holder is stunning! I like the front view and the inside, too. Thank you for answering my e-mail, it's ok. Hugs. Miria

Jessy Christopher said...

Awww.... that is one gorgeous card and I could see that u put alot of effort in making this special card!! You both look so good together and I just love this card :)