Monday, August 2, 2010

City Crafter Challenge Blog ~ week 16 ~ Yum...

In just a few hours, City Crafter's new challenge is coming on live, this week at CCCB is hosted by Cheryl Nelson, she had chosen the theme "YUM....." You are challenged to create a card/project related to food. It can be food image, food related item such as kitchen utensils, apron etc. You could also make a recipe card, recipe holder, recipe file... the option is unlimited as long as you stick to our theme "YUM".

Before I go on, I would also like to send a Thank You note over to Wendy at Digital Delights, she not only sponsored all our DT the lovely stamps we used to created this week's project, she also kindly given the winner of week 16 a $10 gift certificate to spent at Digital Delights by Louby Lou. Please stop by Digital Delights Store to look at those beautiful Digital Stamps, and perhaps, leave some love to Wendy over at her blog.

Alright, now we move on to my project for CCCB week 16


I've chosen the this cute ginger bread digital stamp from Digital Delights and created a set of recipe card and a matching card.


Here's a closer look at the card, I leave the digital stamp as it is (no coloring) but added some glitters on the bow of the gingerbread man and the yummy over flow gingerbread mixture (over flow from the top of the bowl)


Some colorful buttons from PTI, all line up in a row on top of the PTI ribbon that goes with the pink ric rac from Krafty Kirsty.


The bow at the right corner is a mixture of 2 different shades ric rac (also from Krafty Kirsty) and seam binding, top with another PTI button.


Now the recipe card -
I used 5 different polka dots DP, I love when I can used up scraps....



This set is probably going to my sister-in-law Marilyn, she gave me the family recipe pass down from my husband's grandma and mother when we got married, this would be a nice gift for her, so she could pass on the recipe to her children when they have their family.

Do pop over to City Crafter Challenge Blog at/after midnight (Tuesday 8/3) to see what our DT and Guest Designer Lauren Bergold had created for you. I promise you lots of inspiration and lots of fun over at CCCB! See you there!

9 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute Kirsty! Love all the colorful buttons!

Lynnda said...

Hey Kirsty... Brilliant!!!...these are really YUM... I want to eat it all.... he he he...too cute.... love them!!!..xx

Anonymous said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E...

~* steph :) *~ said...

cute, kirsty! love the colors and the buttons :)! thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

Ros said...

I love what you have done Kirsty ... this is so lovely

cnelson said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!! Fab idea!!

Stella said...

As always, so so lovely!

Jessy Christopher said...

The cars is very yummo indeed, such cute digital stamp you have!! I love the idea of not coloring the stamp but to apply glitters. Brilliant!

Irena said...

Gorgeous creations.