Monday, March 3, 2014

Project Life 2014 ~ February 5 - 10

Project Life 2014

I am back to using the vintage travel edition for all my traveling pages


February 5

We dropped Papi off at Brendan's apartment and then took off to NYC, I am going to miss him so so so so much!!!! Papi was happy to see Brendan at first, but when we start walking towards the door, he thought he was going with us : (    so so so so sad......
Brendan texted us and said that Papi was whining for a while....


Brendan sent us 2 photos of Papi, he sure looked cozy there


we got to NYC an hour earlier then scheduled, picked Dolce up and dropped our bags at the hotel and then to China town for Joe's shanghai soup dumpling, and of course China Town ice-cream


Look who is interested in my PL pages? (when I was taking photo)


February 6

I went to Bryant park this morning, everywhere is covered with snow. Met up with my friend Susan for lunch at Cafe Zaiya.



We had dinner with the girls (Dolce and her room mate Mei) at a French restaurant across the street from our hotel in the evening, it wasn't that great.


after dinner, the girls and I went to upper west side for dessert


remember Cafe Lalo from "You've Got Mail"? that's the one, I walked this street hundreds of time as we lived close by and my girlfriend Jean's apartment is just few doors down, same old trash on the side walk, same old feeling....


oh my, same old chocolate strawberry cake, yum


February 7

Dolce was busy with school today, I spent most of my morning walking around and shopping. My husband decided that I need a new Iphone. LOL! So we got the Iphone 5S at  AT&T store at Times Square.
 That evening, I was on the flight to Singapore that evening while Randy was on the other one to Dubai for work, for a long while I haven't been on a long flight all by myself : (

February 9

Arrived at 6:15 AM, the Singapore Flyers and Marina Sands, a beautiful sight from the airport to the hotel



My sister came to the hotel and we spend a day together, eating, shopping and also went to the hospital to see uncle Mark, he wasn't well and just had surgery few days before I got home.


Uncle Mark is my favorite uncle, he used to play the guitar and we sing together, I learn lots of songs from the 60s from him. I really hope he recover soon from his illness.


February 10

After my dental appointment today, oh you might be asking why I spent my holiday for medical appointment in Singapore. Yes, I have the best dentist and doctor there, that is what I do every year when I go back, if I need to see a doctor in the US, I always end up crying, the health care situation and experience here in the States is just to painful, even my American husband said that if one day he needs to doctor on a daily basis, he would move to Singapore.


After my dental appointment, I met up with a friend for lunch, she was a Juilliard mom like myself, we used to spent our Saturdays at The Juilliard School with our kids, now that they are all in college, Ping moved to Singapore with her husband since her husband got posted to the University here in Singapore.


Sitting by the Singapore River after running all my errands before heading to dinner with my cousins, sigh.... I forgot to take photos with them : (

I miss my husband and I miss my Papi....




19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful album with us
Elma

Stella said...

Beautiful photos of NYC and of course; Papi:). Good to see you had a great time. Your PL is beautiful; love that vintage travel collection!

Ros Crawford said...

What a great trip you took me on ... Loved reading about your life

Linda Breedlove said...

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your Project Life. It's an inspiration to me to start one also... maybe next year. Love the photos of your trips!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos and the pages!! And I sorry that you are missing hubby and Papi ... I hope you see them soon!!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Your project life is awesome Kirsty and you have such an eventful life to document!!!! LOL...it's so super! ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking us along Kirsty, such pretty shots of your life!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Contagiously Crafty said...

So cool to see these pictures and your creative, journaling focused Project Life. TFS!

1CardCreator said...

Great photos, it's awesome that you are keeping up with this project! ~Diane

dawn said...

WOW, I just love love seeing your pages!! What a good job you are doing on them. So cool to have this holiday time in your album now. I also love how attached to your dog you are. Some people come and go and don't think about missing their pet or vice versa. I love our dog so much and do my best to take good care of her and know she is loved and part of the family. I missed her so much when we went to Disney last year. I never wanted a dog but now I can't imagine life without her.

How awesome that you have a great dentist back home. So sorry you've had troubles with ones here. So far we are good with ours.

Thanks for sharing. I will try to share mine soon. I have a T time post ready for tomorrow showing more ATC that I made and received. Having so much fun with them.

Take care, HUGS!

Martina said...

Such a sweet and precious album! I still think, your dog is the cutest ever!

Unknown said...

Stunning creation! Great photos!

Audrey Pettit said...

I am soooo loving your beautiful project life album, and love hearing all the stories that go along! I alway tell myself I should start one of these...but really, I don't ever do anything to fill one....;)
Sounds like you've been having a wonderful time, except for visiting your sick uncle. Sure hope he gets well soon!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty project life pages. I always love all your photos. The Singapore flyer one is gorgeous. On a side note, that cake looks so yummy now I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

You have the perfect life to document all the lovely places you've been Kirsty and I so enjoy looking at all of it!! You lucky girl you!!!

sandi said...

You and PL are perfect together. You're doing such an awesome job with this! LOVE all your pics Kirsty! :)

Greta said...

Your post totally captured me! Oh what a sweet, adorable puppy dog! I've always hated leaving ours for 2 weeks--the most it's ever been. Now we're about to get a puppy & it'll be a long time before we leave him. What wonderful pictures--love seeing them!

Davi said...

I like all your photos Kirsty! It is so fun to see where you go and what all you do!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Just love how you take photo's and incorporate them into your scrapbooks and blog. Wonderful way to document your life! Even the mundane seems great and worthy of a memory.
hugs
Glenda