Saturday, August 27, 2016

Project Life 2016 ~ May 27 (Murano) and Final Post

Project Life 2016

May 27

MURANO


We went to Burano today, but since we had to get off at Murano to change a different vaporetto back to Venice main island, and we still have quite a bit of day light, we take a walk at Murano.


after all those pretty colours we soaked up at Burano, Murano looks like my coloring book before I add colors....


however, we are just able to find some buildings with pretty colors..... not that many though




Murano is famous for its glass making, almost every store are selling things like this...


some even have the whole orchestra


If you like the work of Chihuly, you'll see one here because The Venini Glass Factory here at Murano is where he used to work...


for me, I love the new and modern mixed with the old and vintage.....


Clare and I had a fun and relaxing day and we are off to Florence tomorrow.





My next project is the final post for Sketches in Thyme Project Life Style, I decided to step down from the team simply because it doesn't fit into my posting schedule, I like to post my project life in order, but a lot of time, because I made my project based on a particular sketch, then I had to wait till the scheduled date to post it, that kind of messed up my own posting, so..... this will be my final post for Sketches in Thyme, after that, I am free to choose when I what to post my project life.

Here's the sketch by Emma Pescott



and here's my Florence page based on the sketch....



 I wasn't too happy with this one so I make a second one based on the same sketch...



 I will post the rest of Florence sometime later....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

a wonderful place!
elma

Juls said...

Gorgeous pictures xx

Juls said...

Gorgeous photos xx

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! I want to go! FAB photos and super Project Life!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love the photos and the pages! Those cupcakes look so real!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely love your comment about Murano looking like your coloring book before you add color! Still, what a beautiful place to visit, and it must have been amazing to see all that glass work! Your pages are beautiful! Love the colors you used, and that camera card is fantastic. I know they are going to miss you over at Sketches in Thyme! <3

Linda said...

What a great place! Beautiful photos! Hugs to you. :)

Tieva-Design said...

Wonderful project.
Gabi

Contagiously Crafty said...

Wow - I feel like I'm getting a tour looking at your lovely PL layouts. Stunning!

Adam said...

that art piece is really cool

Greta said...

Always love seeing your pictures from around the world! The glass items are really neat! Interesting to see how different the buildings are, but the flower box is beautiful!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful city, old and the new, Kirsty, I do love the blue glass!

Denise van Deventer said...

Amazing photo's and gorgeous PL spreads too. Love the petunia flower box photo.