Friday, August 19, 2016

Entry number two for MCT

I don't think I ever enter the same challenge twice, but I really wasn't too happy with the card I made for MCT sketch challenge yesterday, since I still have quite a bit of goodies from My Creative Time, I decided to make another card based on this sketch....





this time I am using the Stitched Balloon Dies




  
I didn't craft that much lately, so everything is out of touch I guess....
I cut the balloon with glittered silver paper, and wasn't happy (again), so I cut one more with vellum, still not quite happy, finally I stacked both of them, hmmm.... maybe I like it more this way...


I actually started the card with using the scallop die from  MCT Fun Stitched Edges
cut it out with a piece of card stock and then used it as mask to create the cloud background



I really love the sentiment set- MCT Scripts Sentiment, the font for the word dreams is so pretty.


Linking this with MCT Sketch Challenge


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful!

Elma

Small Kucing said...

The card look beautiful

Ros Crawford said...

That's sweet!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Kirsty! I love what you did with the background and the scallop here! It's so beautiful - what a creative and wonderful take on the sketch!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the balloon and that background!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam said...

nice card

Tieva-Design said...

I love this card, the balloon and the clouds are great.
Gabi

Greta said...

Oh this one is fabulous, Kirsty!

Juls said...

Love this xx

Contagiously Crafty said...

Adorable! I really like the grey with the blue. Yay you for entering twice.

Kim H said...

Kirsty ~ Oh my this is too CUTE too! Love the background and the whole idea of the balloon and the sentiment together! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time!

Stella said...

This is lovely! I have a place in my heart for balloons; especially as beautiful as this one!

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a cute card and love the sentiment! ;-)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, such a sweet take on that sketch, my friend! I love your layered balloon with the twine tie, and I absolutely adore how you did the clouds! Very clever!

My Creative Time said...

SUCH a PRETTY card my friend!!! THANK YOU! :)
HUGS,
Emma :)