Thursday, November 1, 2012

You are Special to me!

Today's project is for 

PTI make it monday # 89 - Creating windows for floating images

There is a video tutorial over at Heather's blog, check it out!

I used the plastic backing that came with the clear stamps and created a window



the oval shape die cut is from Papertrey Ink (see supplies list below)



I hope you can see the window with plastic from this angle, the crown is glue onto the plastic window on the outside of the card.



and here's the inside of the card


the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink too


this is really fun, I might make a few more cards with this technique



I am entering this card to the challenge over at

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #89




Oval shape die cut for window - Limitless Layers Oval Die Collection

Paper - Pixie Dust Paperie June 2011 Kit "Summer of Love"

Crown punch - Martha Stewart



***

Happy Mails!!!!!!

Thank You Ros, for sending me a beautiful journal


it came with this sweet little tag too


and from Linda, a pretty card
Last night, Linda and her husband Bruce took us out for dinner, we had a great time chatting. 
THANKS Linda and Bruce, we always enjoy your company.




18 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning Kirsty---- your card is so elegant! Love it
Have a nice day
Elma

Mrs Beez said...

What a beautiful, elegant card. I especially love those white roses and of course the glittery crown! Gorgeous!That's a fab journal and tag from Ros too!

Shahrul Niza said...

Ohh this peekaboo card is so adorable!. Yup, the tiara helped me see the plastic window :). I love the girlish inside too.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your very elegant sophisticated card. So very beautiful.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow, what an elegant and beautiful card, Kirsty! Really love the papers and color combo, and that little window effect is fabulous. Love the silhouette cut with the glittered crown. Really lovely birthday card!

Ros Crawford said...

Ooooh! Kirsty this is so lovely ... I adore the colours ... perfect card!

Martina said...

How sweet! Love the little crown in this!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Kirsty! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the crown, the colors and the butterflies!! And loving your happy mail!!!!

sandi said...

How pretty! Love the crown and the roses....the perfect touch!

Linda Breedlove said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kirsty. I think you may have pulled out "Summer of Love" for this one... right? I still have all my kits stacked up in my closet. Although there is not a lot left in some of the boxes, I just can't get rid of them... feature projects, maybe! All thanks to you for getting me started!
Hugs!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the crown floating on the card front, and the silhouette on the inside - brilliant use of the MIM technique! Love the color palette, layers & textures!

Lynnda said...

Pretty card Kirsty!!! Truly divine!!!

YAY to happy mail ....

Its nice to catch-up with fellow bloggers... you are lucky... !! Linda is awesome... i was hoping one day I could meet it with you all... that would be just wonderful.... hugs...xoxo

Unknown said...

So pretty and elegant. Love the pop of pink against the black and white. Very clever window too.

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card,loving all the details especially the sparkly 'floating' crown.Beautiful crafting!
hugs
Glenda

Unknown said...

Sheer elegance Kirsty, love the see through effect and pretty colours! Also love your goodies, so sweet of both Ros and Linda. Enjoy!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Nancy Guse said...

Kirsty your card is gorgeous!!! Love all the details!!

Joyce said...

So pretty. What a fun idea to put a crown on the window. And, it is lined up perfectly.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. So elegant and pretty.

Happy Friday my sweet friend.

Hugs~