Saturday, November 10, 2012

Autumn......


Autumn.......is a second spring

Where every leaf is a flower

~ Albert Comus

I don't usually combine challenges, but I was going to make a layout for the challenge at 

Bird is the word - Autumn

I also found this stamp where I could apply the new technique I learn this week from

PTI Make It Monday #90 - Focal Point Sentiments with Stamps and Dies



at PTI Make It Monday #90, there is a clever twist to use this stamp with dies, go check it out!



as you can see, I use die cut letters to replaced the word "autumn" from the stamp
and then stamped "is a second spring" below the word autumn



the other half of the quote "where every leaf is a flower" goes below the photo I took early October at Cedar Rapids, just right outside my husband's office building


I did a lot of stamping, misting and masking for the background



 since I love stamping birds on string, like I have seen many times on the road when I travel, I am also going to enter this layout for the challenge over at

Ruby's Challenge #41 - Birds



 my favorite embellishment got to be butterflies, they are so pretty, love them!!!!






Stamps (butterfly) - Martha Steward
Paper - Michael's 0.25 deal
Mist - Tattered Angels



I am entering this for the following challenges

Bird is the word - Autumn

PTI Make it Monday # 90 - Focal point sentiments with stamps and dies

Ruby's Challenge #41 - Birds 






22 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

So very beautiful, what a fabulous technique, appears you have mastered it:O). Wonderful job Kirsty!
hugs
glenda

Sylvia said...

Beautiful page, Kirsty, lobe those birds on the wire! Have a wonderful Saturday!

Anonymous said...

so true words! And your LO ist wonderful!
Wisch you a nice weekend!
Elma

Basslady said...

a fabulous LO!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful ... I just love all those fluttering butterflies ... the birds look so pretty and the stamps are perfect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS Kirsty! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo, the butterflies and the sentiment is PERFECTION!!!

Sheila said...

Such a beautiful picture and wonderful layout...love those birds too :)

lauren bergold said...

soooooooooooooo very lovely missus, lots of gorgeous inky artistry going on here, and that camus quote is a fave of mine! (tho i prefer spring to autumn, alas!) FABULOUS!!! ♥♥♥

sandi said...

Oh wow! I love, love, love this! Looks great!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tribute to Autumn Kirsty, such fab colours and I love the use of that text stamp!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Beautiful page cool stamp!

Unknown said...

What an amazing page my friend. Love all those butterflies.

Hugs~

Linda Breedlove said...

Beautiful job here, Kirsty! What a gorgeous layout... love that stamping technique.

Lynnda said...

What a beautiful creation Kirsty!!! Love the stamps technique and those butterflies... hugs...xoxo

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Beautiful page, thanks for playing at BITW

Debbie said...

What a stunning layout.Love all the stamping.Thanks for joining in with Ruby's Rainbow 'Birds' challenge.Lots of luck.Hugs Debbie x

angelabranon said...

Beautiful page layout.

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Kirsty! This is so STUNNING! LOVE that sentiment and your focal leaf and the butterflies and the background! FABULOUS!

shaz earl said...

Fabulous creation!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby's Rainbow for our * Birds * challenge

Hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Shaz x

Audrey Pettit said...

So completely gorgeous, Kirsty! Love, love all that stamping, especially the birds on the wire. the dimensional butterflies are fabulous, too!

Linda said...

Love how you made the autumn feeling coming!

Thx for joining us at BITW

Lolô Artesanato said...

Beautiful page!
xx and tks for playing with us at BITW
Leila
:)