Thursday, November 8, 2012

LESSology Challenge #20 ~ Barely There



This is my DT's sample for LESSology Challenge #20 ~ Barely There
(to include something clear in your project)


** warning -  photo heavy **

my recycling item is also my "clear, see through" item
as you know me, I am a big fan of PTI stamps, I bought new stamp set every month, therefore I have tons of this clear backing that comes with the stamp set


I am making a "see through" window for the front page of a mini album


first, I used Spellbinder die to cut out 2 pieces of patterned paper, one for the front page and the other is for the back,  plus 1 piece of thin chipboard piece, they came with the 12x12 paper I ordered online, if your patterned papers are thick enough, you probably could skip the chipboard piece, next I used a smaller die to make a window in the middle of the page


the next step is to used double-sided tape to place the clear plastic on the chipboard piece, followed by the front the back patterned paper


now I have a little see through window


here are the pages of the mini album...


I make this for my aunt, who came visited us last September, we took these picture at the Grand Canyon North Rim



while I was looking through my stash looking for something to recycle, I found this 12x12 clear paper I bought 10 years ago, perfect to use on this project huh?


I placed the clear paper on white cardstock (for the left side) and a smaller piece of it on the photo (the right side)



that kind of give an interesting look to the Grand Canyon Photo


more see through window for the pages inside the album, this time I have the butterfly stamped on the clear plastic 








more pages....


the butterfly image is from Graphic Fairy, I printed it for one of my project but it was too big, so I kept it thinking I will be using it someday, here you go....





back of the mini album


don't forget to add embellishment for the front page


thanks for staying with me......



now to the info of our wonderful sponsor for the challenge



PAPER MADE BAKERY!!!!!! :)
Check them out HERE!!!!!!


Paper Made Bakery is an online kit club featuring Fresh Baked Kits full of crafty goodness perfect for card making...and lots more!  We bring you the best product in the industry including clear stamps, 6x6 patterned papers, note cards and envelopes, plus lots of fun and unique embellishments.  Our Baker's Dozen subscription is perfect for those of you who love to get a package of fantastic paper crafting goodies delivered right to your doorstep every month!  Visit us daily for fun inspiration as our design team brings you a fresh new project every day!

The prize this month is the Paper Made Bakery's November Fresh Baked Kit - Christmas Treats!!!!



Come play along with us






17 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow- what an fantastic album you made!

Hello from Elma

yyam said...

Wow! This is really lovely Kirsty! :)

UlrikaT said...

Such a cool and beutiful album!

Lynnda said...

Beautiful mini album Kirsty....I love it!!! hugs...xoxo

Lynette Jacobs said...

Kirsty this mini album is beyond beautiful. I love the colors and all the elements you used. The journaling with white pen...everything is just gorgeous.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am in AWE of this Kirsty!!! Seriously IN LOVE with this!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors, the photos and love love love love love how you stamped that butterfly!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful kit, Kirsty and a gorgeous album! Love what you did with each page, just awesome! Have a great Thursday!

Ros Crawford said...

I absolutely ADORE this album ♥♥♥... every page is beautiful .. love the use of the clear pages and the way you did the photos ... stunning work Kirsty!

Unknown said...

What an amazing mini Album. Every page look wonderful my friend. So clever how you made your window.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

You couldn't have made a more personal album than this Kirsty, it's absolutely lovely!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Shahrul Niza said...

Such adorable mini album!. I LOVE LOVE the stamping on transparent things :). Inspiring. I feel like making a clear album too. Beautiful butterfly images, perfect for Grand Canyon tour. I did feel like flying, out there. And feel so small too :).

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!I buy PTI every month and dont keep the clear boxes and always think I should lol!! Great album Kirsty!!

Stella said...

I never ordered any PTI items but I must have a few :) I think it's about time :)
I am blown away by your amazing tralents of recycling and your mini album looks amazing. Wow! You are such a talented woman!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful album and what a great job you did on it! What a wonderful treasure of memories to have!

Unknown said...

So pretty. Love all the butterflies and fun colors. I am sure your aunt will love looking at her beautiful pictures in this lovely album.

lauren bergold said...

i ♥LOVE♥ acryllic & clear elements, but i don't think i've ever seen them used as well as this ALL THRU an album that is as beautifully thought out and executed as this one! what a TREASURE, now ALL your family will want to come and visit in hopes of a "lovely parting gift" such as this one!!! ♥♥♥

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome! What a fabulous mini! LOVE all those see-through windows! What a fabulous way to upcycle old packaging.