Tuesday, July 24, 2018

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 422 ~ Butterflies

Is it Autumn yet??? Boy, it is hot here in Las Vegas, living here for 8 years, I think this is the hottest summer ever, I know, Vegas is hot in the summer, but if I recall, the other summer has some breaks in between, meaning there were days that we don't feel that bad, but this summer is just a long stretch of hot days, I just want to stay home all the time, can't wait for it to be over! However, we are running around on weekends as well, mostly to the new house and discuss about what we are putting in the 1/2 acre lot backyard. A pool crosses our mind, both DH and I are not swimmers, but it seems like a pool could really adds value to homes, we love the sound of water, that is why we put in a fountain at our current house few years ago....


it is really soothing listening to the sound of the fountain, but for the new house, I am thinking of something modern that has a clean line.... like this one we saw at model home..


since we intend to dig a big hole to make a fountain, might as well put in a pool, just in case we want to sell the house in the future, what do you think?


Ok, here's the project for the challenge this week at City Crafter Challenge Blog.

The theme is Butterflies, check out challenge details HERE!




after I made the card, my daughter asked for some gift tags that she could use for the gift she is giving to her co-worker, so I just make a few based on the same theme as the card...



Come join us at City Crafter Challenge Blog!


I've updated the page Crafty Stuff for Sales, check it out, there might be some new items you will be interested, thanks!!!!





12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I go back and forth about a pool ... Brookie is a swimmer - but the cost and maintenance to keep it up, I wonder if it is worth it! LOL! I am already stretched thin with my time! HA!! I love love love love your card and tags!! They are GORGEOUS! LOVING those butterflies!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I would LOVE a pool!! It's been so hot here too and for weeks on end, though today it is cool. Yes get a pool!! I bet Papi will love it too!
Your creations are so beautiful and very elegant Kirsty ... Love them!

Mac Mable said...

Wow love the contemporary pool...looks stunning, I would go for that x. Classy and elegant card and the tags look fabulous too x.

Maria said...

Very pretty card and gift tags! Love the delicate flowers and pretty butterflies! I would love a pool, but hubby says it takes too much upkeep. Ha, I guess I would need a pool boy!:-) My sis-in-law has one!:-) Anyways, hope you get relief from the heat soon!

MaryH said...

So elegant with the gray background, and it looks textured as well. Love the vellum underlays of the butterflies, and the crisp white embossing. Good luck with the pool. The one you showed is attractive, but a pool requires a good bit of upkeep (even with the automatic cleaners you install). It may add good value to your house investment, but if you don't use it a lot, then perhaps a nice fountain such as you have now? When we built a new house, we decided we'd had enough 'pool' as we were not using ours either. Just paid a pool service to maintain it! TFS

Adam said...

That's a really cool pool

Greta said...

I say--build the pool & I'll come visit--haha! I'm so ready for Fall! Your card & tags are beautiful, Kirsty!

Contagiously Crafty said...

The card and tags are so pretty! I love the grey and white. Fantastic challenge.

How exciting to make plans for the new house. A pool definitely adds value, but also cost in upkeep. Still, being in Phoenix, I understand about the heat. The pool is a refreshing option! Happy deciding!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the gray with the embossed white! Such a pretty card and FAB tags, too!
Build a pool without a deep end. That's what we have and now we are able to use the entire pool since we can stand everywhere. Perfect when you have company, too!

Tracy said...

Using just the gray and white is so pleasing to the eye. The butterflies are so sweet. Beautiful projects. I would love to have a pool, but they are expensive to keep up.

Lucille K said...

Your card is so soft and pretty, Kirsty. I swim and if I could I would put a pool on our 5 acres in a heart beat :)

Marina said...

What a pretty, ethereal look and so elegant.