Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July and City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 369 ~ Black and White


Happy 4th of July to all my friends in United States!



Here at home, Clare and Jared came home from Valencia over the weekend, we had fun together, just four of us, and they left early this morning, back to LA, and in just three weeks, they will be moving to San Francisco while Clare starts her master program studying under her dream teacher, Van Cliburn International Piano Competition winner Jon Nakamatsu, she is very excited, and I am very excited that I will get to go to San Francisco more often now! : )


We went to try the Fish and Chips at Gordon Ramsay, that make me miss the "real thing" even more!


the real thing meaning those near Bond Street Station in London last summer, and it makes me feel a little sad because it was last summer, I met up with Ros in person. That was one happy day in my life!


At City Crafter Challenge Blog this week, it is the final week for Ros, she decided to step down from the team, I wouldn't blame her, it has been 7 years, but I know we will all miss her........

This is my card for the theme this week "Black and White", please check out challenge details here!


I am loving this..... how about you?




Please stop by the blog and leave Ros some love!




15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Well done to Clare!! And Happy 4th July to you all!
I adore your card! It's chic and elegant...
Thank you Kirsty, for everything (you know my story and what I mean) and for being a wonderful friend ... I'll still be following you and emailing you and one day we will meet again for sure.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy 4th!! LOVING the photos from Gordon Ramsay's!!!! And loveeeeeeeee your card!!! I love the sentiment!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I know this is a tough week for you all with Ros stepping down, but I also know that you have made a dear friend for life in her. Your black and white card design is absolutely stunning! I love the contrast of the die cut edges and the layering of the rounded corners against the straight, and all those stamped polka dots puts the biggest smile on my face. Lovely sentiment and super sweet bird, too.
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with a visit from Clare and Jared. So nice they are moving to SF soon so that Clare can continue her training! Happy 4th, my friend!

Adam said...

nice card

Marina said...

I love how the birds, the spots, the sentiment are seamlessly on the same layer. So pretty!

Pia S said...

Simple and striking, very clever design!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Happy 4th, Kirsty. I enjoy your reminiscing about your trip to England. Sad to hear about Ros, but I agree with you that 7 years is a long time.

Your card is simply exquisite. So lovely and I'm going to try to join the fun.

Greta said...

So happy you got to spend some time with Clare & her boyfriend--must have been fun even if the fish & chips weren't the real thing--haha! I do love that picture of 2 of my best blogging friends! Doubt I'll ever get to meet Ros in person, but with my sis in the Bay area maybe it will work out for us to meet one of these days. Your card is in a word--fabulous, Kirsty! One of the best ever black & white creations! Happy 4th of July!

Maria said...

Many will miss Ros's creations, but we will see her around in blog land. She's a dear sweet lady as all of you are at City Crafter!! Huge congrats to Clare with her Master program to study under her dream teacher! And, I'm sure you'll be visiting San Fran quite often, how fun! Your card is a perfect CAS card with the sweet bird! And, I love the pretty scalloped delicate border!!

Anonymous said...

hope you has a wonderful 4th of July! Your card ist beautiful!
Elma

Tieva-Design said...

Lovely card, this bird is so wonderful.
Gabi

Sylvia said...

Love all the black and white, especially your beautiful borders, Kirsty! Hoping you had a great 4th of July!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your photos and your card is lovely! I'm sorry to see Ros go.

Juls said...

Love your card, love the polkadots xx

Denise van Deventer said...

A beautiful black and white card! A super, pretty design! ;-)