Saturday, March 5, 2016

NBUS #6 and Some Lovely Skittles

Darnell is back with her wonderful challenge


If you haven't heard before, hop over to Darnell's blog for challenge details, you are going to love it, a challenge that make you dig out all the Never-Before-Used Schtuff, are you telling me you don't have those buried under your piles? LOL! We all do!!!!!


 and this is only my PTI piles, I have piles everywhere in the craft room. LOL!


I dig out this PTI Quilted - Winter snowflake die I bought many months ago....

 
and the little skittles I won HERE at ......


 I wanted the quilted part to be have a soft green tone, so I dig out some bits and pieces of green from my scrap box...


I kind of like this, do you?


So... dig out your NBUS and play along with Darnell HERE!

you might want to check out the challenge at Double Click Skittles too, the theme is to used lots of green, I know I probably don't have enough green but I do have a soft green tone in mind when I am making this winter card. Here's the direct link to the DoubleClick challenge #43
 
 

21 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kirsty!

Tieva-Design said...

This one is again wonderful... looks like a mosaic.
Gabi

Contagiously Crafty said...

I really like your card. It is so soft and pretty. Green being my faorite color, I'm headed to check out the challenge. Thanks for the tip.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the quilted effect and the skittles are so sweet!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Diane said...

Wow Kirsty what a fabulous quilted snowflake design.

Hugs Diane

JD/ Jill said...

Oh, I really DO like that card! Great colors! I want to put that die on my wish list! My long wish list! There's a lot PTI on it...they have so many neat things! Thanks for sharing...Hope you have a great weekend!

Lorraine said...

Those tones are so soft and perfect for a snowflake.

Anonymous said...

this card is fantastic!
Elma

Greta said...

I have that die on my wishlist, but I need to use the first one I already bought! Gotta say, this is one of my all-time favorite cards, Kirsty--soothing & gorgeous!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Wow! What a great die! I love all the patterns you used on this! Great way to use your stuff! Love how you were able to incorporate the Skittles on your project, they seem to match perfect! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

Mitralee said...

So pretty!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, it's beautiful!!!

Waving My Wand said...

Wow, love that snowflake design and your Skittles look so pretty!! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles challenge. Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

Stella said...

Kirsty I love your mix of patterns. My oh my this is gorgeous!
I have the same die; it's one of my faves for Christmas cards in 2016 :)

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Kirstie! Haven't visited in a while, and so glad I finally did! Love all your fun pix of the stashes we stampers have. Looks like my craft table! And your card with the quilted set is a beauty. Love the soft greens and those skittles are so cute. Your post was wonderful!!!

Lori said...

This card came out great!

Thanks for joining us over at Doubleclick Skittles Challenge!
Lori-DT

Lynette Jacobs said...

I adore this snowflake card...so different. Well done.

Dana M said...

Beautiful quilted snowflake card Kirsty! Love the soft colors you selected, they are perfectly accented with the skittles

Darnell said...

I don't kind of like it, Kirsty, I kind of LOVE it But, sigh, now there's something else for my wish list which will eventually find its way up Mt. NBUS!! I've seen this die used before, but your design is my all-time favorite! I adore that strip of swiss dots!! Thank you so much for your lovely words and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Hugs, Darnell

Sylvia said...

Kristie, This is a gorgeous card. I love the soft winter feel. Sylvia D.

Daria said...

This is so pretty! I love the papers you used. TFS.