Thursday, August 20, 2015

PTI Make it Monday #221 ~ Masking Sentiments

The Challenge:


It is a fun technique this week at PTI Make it Monday, I always love those one layer card in the store, this one looks like one....


I used the following stamp sets for the floral background and sentiment


and here are the ink pads I used


the sentiment was masked using this die


I added some dotted line free hand since the sentiment does not have a frame




.................

Movie Night


We went to Ricki and The Flash last weekend, usually this kind of movie doesn't attract me but when I knew that it was Meryl Streep, right away I suggested to DH that we should go. She is one amazing actress, she is just that person whatever she is in, be it Julia Child or Ricki in the movie, she is just awesome, I strongly recommended this one too!

22 comments:

Darnell said...

I love your beautiful card made for the masking MIM challenge, Kirsty! Very nice! Thank you for the movie recommendation, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

wonderful card!
Elma

Dana M said...

Jaw droppingly gorgeous card Kirsty!

Ros Crawford said...

You make lovely one layered cards ... This is brilliant!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the flowers!!! And I am glad you liked the movie ... I have wanted to see that one!!!

Sylvia said...

Lovely floral card, Kirsty, love how you masked your sentiment! Have a wonderful Thursday!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Kirsty and love your masking too! Had to laugh when I saw what sentiment you used as I JUST made a card using that same sentiment on my card for tomorrows post...great minds think alike!! :0)

Kathryn A said...

Love this! The monochromatic colours are really eye-catching, and I love how you've framed your sentiment!

Lynette Jacobs said...

It still amazes me what you create with ink, stamps and cardstock. Simply gorgeous.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a stunning card my friend! I LOVE that color combo, and LOVE your amazing design! Those flowers are so beautiful.... and they look SO cool in that smokey gray!

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a pretty card...love those stamps! ;-)

alexandra s.m. said...

You did the technique so perfectly Kirsty!
Your card is beautiful!!
Thank You~

alexandra s.m. said...

oops, I forgot to thank you for the movie recommendation as I would have had the same approach as yours...but anything with Meryl Streep, I'm in!!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card with all the beautiful flowers for the background! Glad you enjoyed the movie! Meryl Streep is one of my favorites, too!:-)

Linda said...

Lovely, card Kirsty

Greta said...

Beautiful color combo--lovely card, Kirsty!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
inkyfingy said...

I love the colours you used and those stamp sets are perennials aren't they. A super card...sorry about the deleted entry above...I was using my phone and forgot I was signed in as my previous blog signature 😕

Manuela said...

fantasic color combination and your card looks very pretty

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome color choice for this gorgeous floral creation. Talk about perfect stamping....

Lorraine said...

Love the one-layer concept. Your background is absolutely stunning.

Stella said...

Your card is breathtaking; the perfect one layer card. And a fab choice of colors. Wow!