Wednesday, September 3, 2014

LESSology Challenge #40 ~ Travelogue



as  you can already imagine how excited I am when I hear the word TRAVEL! : 0

I just came back from San Francisco 2 weeks ago, this is the map I got from the hotel


not that I need a map in San Francisco, I've been there so many times and pretty good at walking the city as well as taking public transportation there, I just want to map because I know I will put it into good used someday.

I made a few mini album for my SF trips before, this one is the latest and I named it

I left my heart in San Francisco

I started cutting out the pieces I want from the map


I also want to use up the left-over journaling cards from my project life.....


next I gather all the bits and pieces of chipboard paper.... find those that can fit the size of the journaling card


chipboard 1 is the base, it is slightly bigger than the journaling card
2 are the sides of the album
3 and 4 is the front flips


next is to cut the pattern paper you want for the album cover.... leaving some space around the edges for folding and leave some space in between chipboard pieces too...


trim and fold them....


be sure to trim all corners as you fold and glue them....


next is the paper for the inside of the album cover.... be sure to use a bone folder tool for each gap and only glue one section at a time. 
NOTE - if you glue the whole piece of paper while placing the chipboard pieces flat, you will not be able to bend them later.


once the cover is done, set them aside and work on the pages.... fold them like an accordion


I fold it this way (see picture below) because then I will be able to have some bulky embellishments for my pages 


once the folding is done, you can start decorating the pages



this SF album is not for a particular trip but the trips I had over the years with different people I love


August 26 is the most recent one I went with my DH, we stayed near Union Square and will never miss Hog Island clam chowder at ferry building when we visited San Francisco


and of course in that same ferry building, Miette macarons, next best to Lauduree in Paris



July 2011, I went with my girls, the Japanese tea garden was the highlight of that trip




June 2012, I went with my son Lione


we had a lovely afternoon at the Palace of the find arts




September 2012 was with my aunt, both of us went to Haight Ashbury



when the pages are done, used double sided tape to attach them to the base of the cover.
Last step - decorate the cover






don't forget the inside of the cover too


hope you enjoy the tutorial of my San Francisco mini album


if you are still here, LOL! this is the prize LESSology challenge #40 had for the winner this month


Kaiser Craft Mister Fox 12x12 paper

Check them out -

Website: https://www.kaisercraft.com.au/newsite/index.php

Blog: http://www.kaisercraft.com.au/blog/



and don't forget to play along with us so you could win! : )




27 comments:

Greta said...

I adore your album, Kirsty! Such a beautiful way to capture fun times in that great city! This would be a great class to give at a LSS--sure do miss mine!

Anonymous said...

wow Kirsty- this is such a great album!
Cheers Elma

Kerry said...

What a super cute album Kirsty! Great use of the map too. xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it makes me want to make one right away!! I LOVE your album and every page ... what a great idea to use the map ... you are so clever!

Unknown said...

Wow, Kirsty, it is really great idea! Wonderfull album! Very interesting! ))

Unknown said...

Great idea Kirsty!!!! Love it!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, this is fabulous, Kirsty! Of course you know I love San Francisco and all these adorable photos....and I am totally smitten with the construction of this cute mini! Absolutely uh-mazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I loveeeeeeee it so much! PINNING!!!!

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

This beautiful project, articulated and detailed, congratulations !!!

Tieva-Design said...

What an amazing album!
Gabi

alexandra s.m. said...

MARVELOUS work Kirsty!
I love everything about it and how clever of you, you really have thought about every aspect of creating a mini! This will be an heirloom for sure, what a treasure! Thank You also for sharing the step by step, very interesting for a lover of minis like me ;)
Hugs~

Denise Price said...

I agree with you, travel is always a fun theme. Your mini book is great. Thanks for all the clear photos that show how you made it.

Unknown said...

Now this is what I call brilliant! Love everything about your album Kirsty, such a fabulous idea to use the street map! Love the outcome!!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Martha said...

WOW, Kirsty! What a beautiful album! So many lovely details to admire! Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

SO cool! LOVE it!!! And next time your in SF lets meet up! I'm only three hours away :-)

Unknown said...

That is such a fun idea.

Maria said...

Oh, my goodness! What a fun-filled album of your memories of San Francisco. We were just there in July! It's a wonderful city! Just LOVE your project...so creative!:-)

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow...this is really cool and fabulous Kirsty! Love how you put your map to use and made this little album! I am definitely going to steal this amazing idea!!! x

Desire Fourie said...

What a stunning keepsake to remember your trip by. I am sure it is opened often to go down memory lane.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

1CardCreator said...

This is fabulous and I love how you gave the step by step to make it too! Thank you so much. ~Diane

Manuela said...

wonderful post, and super album and information "how to make"
I wish i could spend more time for my hobby...

Deepti said...

Wow so very creative :) great tutorial, I love the colors and designs and embellies u used to dress this travelogue !

Glenda Atkins said...

Fantastic!! Love this Kirsty and thanks for the detailed pics!
hugs
Glenda

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous project, Kirsty, great ideas there too, cheers Robyn

Sylvia said...

Fabulous travelogue, Kirsty, you are so good with your albums! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

this albume is amazing! So many interesting details/ thanks for the tips!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Kirsty, this is the most awesome mini album I have ever seen. I love the way you used the map. A stunning idea.