Thursday, July 3, 2014

Project Life 2014 ~ June 15 to 19

Project Life 2014

June 15

We celebrate Father's Day at a friend's house, I baked some mini corn muffins for the party to go with BBQ baby back ribs.


and I managed to use various stamp sets I have at home to make the label...



here's a photo of the DAD attending the party that day



June 16

Day one of our backyard work, I took a before photo of the backyard, especially the desert paradise that had just started to bloom this time of the year




this is the size of the pond Daniel from Tranquility pond proposed


they spent about 3 hours on day one and we have this big hole at the corner 




June 17

Day 2, they place 2 huge pieces of waterproof lining over the big hole


and then start stacking big pieces of rocks inside...


Papi is such a good boy, despite all the excitement going around, I told him to stay on the patio and he just sit there and watch. Papi sleeps with us on our bed at night so he is pretty much an indoor puppy, we shower him whenever he takes a walk.



June 18

The work is almost done in Day 3...


Tada....... the water is running now



June 19

Now we sit outside to have dinner every evening and sit by the waterfall till 11 PM. I even moved my "office" outdoor, sit there and read your comments every morning with a cup of tea, I think Papi loves it too.


 the bird thinks this is their bath and they come to play every morning


Daniel also planted cat claws which eventually going to cover the entire backwall


the little fountain on the left corner now sits at the front porch 


and give room to the desert paradise who is still struggling to survive the shock






14 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow- now you have a nice place in the garden!
enjoy it alltime
elma

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely garden and I can see why you like to sit there ... I hope your plant survives ... what a good boy Papi is ... so sweet! If only we could train guys as quick!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your waterfall is GORGEOUS!!!! LOVING that sweet Papi too!!

Lynnda said...

What a lovely backyard garden with water features !! Cool Kirsty ... Hugs x

1CardCreator said...

I'm so happy for you, what a lush beautiful garden for you to enjoy, the waterfall is gorgeous. ~Diane

Tieva-Design said...

WOW! What a wondrful waterfall. Love it... and I think, Papi too ;o)
Gabi

Anonymous said...

Awww Papi is so darn cute!! And I would LOVE to have a waterfall , you lucky girl!! Enjoy!! And happy 4th to you!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful garden! I just love the water features! Awesome!

Denise van Deventer said...

Super PL pages Kirsty and love the progressive photo's of your fountain! It really does look super and I love the natural look of it! Enjoy it...

Desire Fourie said...

First of all Papi is just so adorable. Then your garden with the water feature is stunning, one can hear the birdies having fun in it. I am sure a froggie or two might also make an apoearance. Enjoy it.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, your backyard is a paradise. Hope you share photos once all the plantings have filled in so we can see the lush oasis you have created.

Manuela said...

wonderful waterfall in your garden, yes its so much fun to have a standpipe in the garden. A lot of animals will come and enjoy the water!
Papi is cute as always :-)

Greta said...

What a wonderful backyard! I know you'll have many wonderful hours enjoying it! That Papi is really something--what a good boy & so darn cute!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...awesome garden make over.