Sunday, July 28, 2013

Our Beautiful World Week 5 ~ Waiting


is a place where you can share photographs taken by you from your part of the world


We have a new word prompt every Sunday

and this week is chosen by Ros

Waiting

Like many mothers, when my children were young, I was the "chaufeur" to drive them to school, and then after school classes, ballet, piano lesson etc. So what you do when you have wait at the cafe for them? I usually bring something to do while waiting, like a book, or a small crotchet project.


now this stack of granny square has a lot to do with waiting


I started this project a few months ago when we had a road trip (I like to do something in the car so I can stay awake and keep my husband company while he does the driving), it is meant for the bed in our guest room, my plan was a 15x3 granny squares decorative item at the end of the bed spread, well.... it didn't look as nice as it was in my head,  as I think it looked too small on the queen size bed, so I wanted to crotchet more squares and make it into a cover instead, went to Michael's and look for the same yarn but they were out, so now what?

I guess all I could do is just

WAIT



this last photo here was edited using Picmonkey

Please come join in the fun at




All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go......

again



first stop...

Munich

I will post pictures on the road if I can find internet connection, other wise, I have pre-scheduled post to keep this blog alive, LOL!








17 comments:

Anonymous said...

your crochet is nice- look forward when you finished it- have a nice trip!
Elma

Shahrul Niza said...

How LOVELY!!. Ohh, Kirsty you are so talented, I've seen one crochet project, a bench cover in your backyard :). It was lovely!. Can't wait to see this one, destined to be another adorable project!!. Sweet colors too.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Ohhh, I just started with crocheting, so I'm soooo admiring your beautiful granny squares! Beautiful colours too. And great shots of them!
Have fun in Munich!! (Which is a lot closer to my home than Las Vegas, by the way.)

big hug

Ros Crawford said...

That's a great choice for the prompt ... And your squares look lovely!

Have a wonderful time my sweet friend!

Unknown said...

Your crochet work looks wonderful Kirsty, such pretty colours, too! Oh, you will love Munich, will be there for the Oktoberfesten late September as well. It's a very relaxed and totally beautiful place to be! Have fun!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hopefully you will find the yarn again to finish! Loving the photos!! Have a safe trip!!!!

Unknown said...

How beautiful they look all stacked together, I hope you find more yarn to finish it up. I bid you safe travels and fun on your way!

Sue B said...

Ooh this is going to be a gorgeous bed spread Kirsty… I love the colours! hope you find the yarn to finish it…. it will look fab! :-))
Hope you have a good trip!
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

Audrey Pettit said...

My goodness, you are off to exotic locales again! Good for you! Have an amazing trip, and LOVE those gorgeous photos of your granny squares! I hope you are able to find more yarn for your project!

Unknown said...

I think your granny squares look fabulous. It was so nice to meet up with you once again before we take off. Have a blast on your trip my friend.

Hugs~

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, Munich! You are so lucky, Kirsty! Hope you have a wonderful time, Miss Moxie Fab. ;)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely pics! Have the best time ever!!! xo

Glenda Atkins said...

Great pictures and I am loving your crocheting. Have fun on your new adventure!
hugs
glenda

dawn said...

How pretty the colors are, will be wonderful when done. I would love to do this one day.

sandi said...

You're always on the go......have fun! Love your lastest knitting project....so pretty!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gosh, I can't remember when last I crocheted. Can't wait to see the final product.

My Creative House said...

Kirsty making granny squares are a great idea while you are waiting and they are so beautifully made.
Anni