Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Project Life 2016 ~ London (A Dream come true)

DH decided to take a trip to Colorado to see his daughter, so we will be on the road again.

2016 has come to an end, and I am still trying hard to catch up with my Project Life. Since I have decided to blog less, I probably won't be blogging much of my project life that much this year, but I really want to share this London post because it is special.
When I started making plans for the Europe trip back in the summer, I knew that I am going to London for one reason - to meet Ros in person, so here you....

Project Life 2016


June 6 
We arrived at London Heathrow Airport from Amsterdam, the cab ride from the airport to East London cost me 110 pounds, WOW, the most expensive cab ride in my life for sure.
We are doing another Airbnb this time, here's the picture of the apartment located near Stepney Green Station. It has two bedrooms, this is mine....



with the fire place....



the girls' room has a queen size bed as well....



plus a sofa that could sleep one more guest....



here's the kitchen....



it is small but the owner prepared milk, cereal and some drinking water for us.
We did have much day light, so we walked around the neighborhood, get some grocery and dinner and went back to the apartment

June 7
We walked to Bethnal Green Station, got ourselves a few Oyster cards, when I travel, I just love using the public transportation system, in London, they called the underground TUBE.
We took the tube to Bond Street, Clare has some shopping to do there. 



First thing we got is Fish and chips, you can't go to London without having Fish and Chips right? and you really have to stand in front of one of these phone booth just to make sure you are in fact in London.


And then we walked to Double Tree Hotel, that's the meeting location for Ros and I. When I plan this trip, I started with booking tickets to Rome as I know that is the city I am dropping Dolce off for her class, and the next one I bought is from London to Singapore, because I knew that I will include London in this trip for sure. I've been to London with the girls few years ago, but I am returning this time because I am meeting Ros, my dear friend whom I met here on blog land and soon became close friends, we have plan to meet someday, just don't know where and when, when I knew that I am coming to Europe again, London is on top of my list.

When I saw Ros walked in through the revolving door, my eyes immediately filled with tears, although this is the first time Ros and I met in person, but it felt to me like I am meeting a long lost friend.


The meeting was filled with lots of laughter, Ian is a funny guy and he sure makes the girls laugh a lot. Till this day, my girls still talked about Aunty Ros and Uncle Ian.


Ros and Ian treated us English Afternoon tea at Double Tree, the food was great and the companies were fabulous.



After we parted, the girls and I walked to China Town, we bumped into the premiere of Harry Porter The Lost Child.



We walked to China Town for dinner.




June 8
We took the tube to Notting Hill, the girls want to have English breakfast, so we did at this place called Goode & Wright.



It is just steps away from those beautiful painted houses, we could see it from the window. Here's one reason we come to Notthing Hill.

the food wasn't that impressive....


but my English Breakfast Tea sure fixed everything....



we walked around Portobello Road and get a lot of good shots for those beautiful painted houses...





I love the pastel ones



Next stop is to look for the Biscuiteers, the other reason we are here at Notthing Hill


this shop is so cute and yummy, I just want to eat everything on their display




we continue our walk for a while at Notthing Hill....


after that, took the tube to Big Ben....




The London Eye....


and then to Harrod's 

last stop for this trip is Camden Lock


visit the Cereal Killer there and then had streets food...


June 9
My friend John came early in the morning to pick Dolce and I and drop us at Heathrow, Clare is going back to LA, she left a little later than us. Her driver came and rang the door bell at the apartment, but the owner thought we already left, he told the driver no one is there, and that cost Clare another 100 pounds to take a cab ride to airport herself. What a bummer. I would have given this Airbnb a good review if they didn't make that mistake. The night before we left, I talked to the owner that two of us will leave earlier and Clare will leave at a later time, but owner went to work and I am not sure if she reminded her husband about our plan, when the driver we arranged for Clare came to pick her up, the owner (husband) just told the driver that we already left. Anyway.... it was a fun trip for me, and get to meet up with Ros is the highlight of the trip, Dolce and I will be off to Singapore next where DH was there waiting.

Thanks for sticking with me for my project life, I am not sure if this will be my last post for project life (hope not), but I have decided not to push myself too hard to keep up with the project life spread.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think your trip was wonderful!
elma

Marina said...

fabulous! Lovely to see the photos of you and Ros together.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... What can I say ... That meeting will always be in my heart ... I wanted to pick you up and bring you home! We have been friends for so long and it was so emotional meeting up. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your trip and I know that we will meet again someday.... Thank you from my heart for making that meeting possible... I love you my friend

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a wonderful trip!! So happy you got to meet Ros!!

Stella said...

Such a wonderful post to see and read. And Ros; yes she's is special. To capture Ros in one word; A M A Z I N G!

Adam said...

110 pounds is ridiculous, no wonder Uber is upsetting the cab world

Greta said...

Thank you so much for sharing this PL, Kirsty--very special indeed! I always love your pictures, but this time I see 2 of my favorite blogging friends together! Also brings back memories of my one trip to London which was the year of the Queen's Silver Jubilee--so long ago. I saw Big Ben, but not the painted houses which are so beautiful & I didn't get to meet friends to take me to afternoon tea! So happy this all worked out for you & not pressuring yourself with PL is a good decision, I think. Life is short & we all need to re-evaluate our priorities--I've been doing that. We can never get back the time we don't spend doing what matters most. OK--enough thinking out loud--haha! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Davi said...

Kirsty this was one of the best! So fun that you got to meet up with Ros! I love all the pics. Since I have never been there is was cool seeing the sight along with you :) I love those houses in all the different colors bet that was even more fun to see in person! If you decide not to do more of your project life I will miss it, but of course time is a precious commodity and you have to do what works for you :) Thanks for sharing it all with us!!

Tieva-Design said...

I do love London too... Thanks for sharing your great photos.
Gabi

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, what a great post, Kirsty! Love hearing all about your trip, and I can feel your emotion at finally getting to meet your dear friend in person! Great photos and stories. Thank you for sharing!

Sue Lelli said...

Oh My, what a FAB post and I'm so glad you met Ros! That's a dream of mine to one day meet both of you!

Kara Lynne said...

I loved seeing your Project Life post! What an amazing adventure and I am so happy for you and Ros - it just warms my heart! This is a busy time in your girls' lives too.

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful and fun trip in London, Kirsty...I remember our time there as well as if it were yesterday. We visited London in 1989...such a long time ago.

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous photo's and definitely a trip to remember!

Contagiously Crafty said...

These pictures remind me of my trip to London decades ago with my grandparents. You make me want to share those memories with my kids and to visit with long missed relatives who still live in the English countryside. Ah well - till then I'll enjoy your lovely PL layouts.


Didn't know I was so far behind on peeks. Guess I get to catch up!