Tuesday, January 3, 2017

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #343 ~ Hello 2017!

How was your 2017 so far? Do you have any New Year resolution?
I usually have a small list of things I want to achieve, here's my 2016 list -

 1. Spend less money on crafting goods - YEP
Instead of buying every month, I actually cut down to just 6 times in 2016. The reason for doing that is my craft room is full of stuff, and I noticed that I have a lot of crafting products still in its original packages, I really do not need that many.

2. Do at less one picnic - NOPE.
I was disappointed that I didn't really make that happened.

3. Do at less one hike - YEP
We went to First Creek.

4. Move back to East Coast and live by the ocean for at least a short period of time - NOPE
That didn't work out, I got so busy with work that it is hard for me to just pack and leave. Even though towards end of the year, DH has a reason to go back to NYC for work, we didn't make the move. 
We did rent a condo by the ocean for a few days in October, that was to get my ocean fixed!

5. Visit one new national park - NOPE
There are so many beautiful national park in the States, it is such a pity that we didn't make Yellow Stone happened.

Anyway..... that was my short list for 2016, and here's 2017.

1. Cut more spending on crafting goods.

2. Do at least one picnic.

3. Go hiking.

4. Visit at least one new national park.

5. Continue with NO SUGAR week, but add on one more week of not eating after 7 PM.

6. Blog less - after few years of blogging, I am getting a bit tired, sometimes it feels like a chores, so this year, I am going to try to spend less time in front of the computer, that is another reason not to spend so much on crafting products right?

Do you have a list of things that you want to do in 2017?


Our first challenge of the year is....

HELLO 2017

check out challenge details HERE!

I always have some "business" card or you can call it calling card in my purse. When I need to share contact, this is what I would give instead of pulling out the cell phone, I know, I am old fashioned that way.



Come join in the fun at City Crafter Challenge Blog!



17 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Those cards are a great idea and they look lovely! Good luck with your resolutions!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love your goals for this year!!! And loving the business card idea!!!!!!

Mac Mable said...

Super CAS and a lovely unique idea. Happy New Year x

Audrey Pettit said...

I hope you achieve everything on your list this year, my friend! Happy New Year to you, and many happy returns in 2017!

Sylvia said...

Sweet cards, Kirsty...but am sad you are tiring of blogging...make everyday count is what I try to do. Goals for the new year...use up more ribbon and more buttons...I guess that would be saving, but I just hope to clear out some goodies. Happy Tuesday, the first of 2017!

Stella said...

I love your CAS business cards; such a great idea and they look beautiful! Good luck with your resolutions!

Contagiously Crafty said...

I like that you are focused on making resolutions and honest about your progress. Keep up the good work. I'm sad to hear that blogging is a chore. You have to know how very lovely it is to get to see peaks into your days and hear about your crafty pursuits. As a reader, you are a delightful blogger. Even so, pursue joy. If it is a chore, you have plenty of those and don't need more. Your cards aren't "old fashioned", they are intentional acts of beauty. Enjoy 2017!

Adam said...

I've never been to a nationl park, I don't think we have one in SC

Davi said...

Great 2017 list Kirsty :) I never make a list because I feel like a failure when I dont suceed lol! I like your cards, not old fashioned at all!!

Marina said...

How sweet to have a 'calling card' and these are a fabulous representation of your skill and style.

Maria said...

Awesome goals, KIrsty! We love visiting National Parks! Your CAS cards are lovely!! Happy New Year and good luck with your goals!!

Greta said...

Love the cards you made to exchange info--beautiful & classy! Sorry you didn't get to move back to New York if that's really what you want, Kirsty. Don't forget to add Multnomah Falls to your 2017 list & we could also meet--even do a picnic, maybe! My family did lots of picnics when I was growing up & now I never hear people talk about them. Happy New Year!

Tieva-Design said...

I love this CAS card
Gabi

alexandra s.m. said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Kirsty!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love all of your goals and need to sit down and write down some of mine. One of which is to take time for ME this year! And your cards are gorgeous and such a wonderful idea! Happy New Year to you and your family, my friend!

Unknown said...

Lovely cas business cards. I have been spending WAY less on crafty things too. I have soo much in my stash. I really want to use it up and not buy much until I have made a big dent in what I already have.

Denise van Deventer said...

These are so cool! Love the idea and agree with you...so much nicer to give a little business/contact card rather than pull out a cellphone! ;-)