Sunday, June 12, 2016

Vacation and Our Beautiful World

Life is Singapore is pretty good, through out the whole trip, I didn't have jet-lag until Singapore, and now I know why, when I started my tour in Italy, Germany, The Netherlands and England, I was a tourist, I wanted to see things, do things, so we got up early, do what tourist do and then back to the hotel by 8-9 PM, here in Singapore, I don't really need to do the tourist thing, I just wake up as and when I like, eat, and then sleep again, arrange meeting with family and friends. In Singapore, meeting means eating. So my life here is pretty simple, just eat and sleep and then wake up and eat and go to sleep again, I don't even know what day is it, that's what you called a real vacation.

I do remember the word this week at....

 

is

TEXTURE


this photo was taken in Rome....


Clare and I was in Rome, day one of our Europe tour, walked a 12 hour day that day, through many of these narrow streets.....


end of the day, we walked by River Tiber to get back to the apartment we stayed in Rome, I just had to sit down to rest my feet.... if you watched James Bond movie "Spectrum", this might be familiar. The banks of River Tiber is where the car race was filmed in the movie.


 so this is what I saw by the steps of River Tiber..... I couldn't help but snap a few pictures after stretching out my hands to feel its texture....


Stop by Our Beautiful World for more TEXTURE from the team.


 

14 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful photo's, Kirsty, it is so nice that you could see so much before going home to Singapore! Envious, yet, I am glad it is not me! Love your Singapore! Happy Sleeping, eating and vacationing!

Ariadne said...

Have a great time in Singapore!Enjoy family and friends!AriadnefromGreece!

riitta k said...

Great ancient rough texture & some shiny newer... Happy Sunday!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful post, Kirsty, how wonderful to see more photos of your stay in Rome! It is such a beautiful and interesting city, with it's history going back so far in time. Sounds like you're having a relaxing time in Singapore, enjoy :) And safe travels back home, going back to Papi, yay!! Hugs xx

Ros Crawford said...

Now that's a holiday! Eat sleep and meet! Lovely photos Kirsty ... Have another beautiful day!

Tieva-Design said...

Great photos!
Gabi

Contagiously Crafty said...

Sorry for your jet lag. Still, like you said, it is a good vacation when you don't know what day it is. Your pictures of Rome are full of rough and smooth texture. Great word prompt and better pictures.

Anonymous said...

I lo0ve Rome! This town is my favorite town and I was there for 10 times- alltogether nearly 10 weeks ! And you can walk for hours thats true and all time you see nwe nice places!
Elma

Greta said...

What a trip you've had, Kirsty! I know it's been wonderful, but imagine you'll be ready to get home & see hubby & Papi! Always enjoy your pictures--almost feel like I was there!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad you are having fun in Singapore!! LOVING all the photos from Rome!!!!!!

Maria said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time in Singapore! You are quite the traveler and it sounds like lots of fun! Thanks so much for sharing the photos!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful spot! The age and grandeur of Europe so surpasses anything we have here in the States. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time on your trip! :D

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my goodness! WOW! These photo are so perfect for the Our Beautiful World theme! So amazing, wonderful, and just gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos with all of us!

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning photo's and soooo nice that you can just relax and chill!