Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sometimes we just have to let go.....


Just not that long ago (really, it was like yesterday), someone told me....
"If you are blessed with little ones, with the blink of an eye, they are growing up way too fast, and before you know it, their little play phones are replaced with real cell phones, their fisher price keys are soon real keys to the car and those little footsteps you used to hear when they got hungry late at night soon become big footsteps just heading out for the night at 11 pm..... "

and now, I really "get it". If I have a time machine right this minute, I would trade all the beautiful things I have in a heartbeat to enjoy a few hours again with my kids when they were little, cherish every smile, tear, frown, tantrum and especially those priceless hugs!

Today, I can't believe it come so soon, my little baby is finally leaving my nest, on to another phrase of her life - college, even though she just turn 17 three months ago, she is still very young, still my little baby. 

10 years ago, I held her little hand, landed in this city, although I was scared and fearful, but I know I could not fail because my girls are depending on me, so I bite my lips and carried on, tried to make the best out of the worst situation, and we all survived. Today, all alone by herself, she is back to the city she once familiar with, in fact, this is the city she spent most of the life in, the city that she loves so much.... NYC, we are back!!!!!


outside our first apartment in NYC, she was just teeny weeny


our first snow sled at Central Park


You and Me against the world.......
(Lincoln Center)


I wish I could hold her little hands forever....


she was very quiet since young, but so very smart too, it didn't surprise me that her SAT score was among the top 4.5 percent in the nation and earned herself a 4 years full scholarship to a high ranking university in New York City


and she is not just intelligent, she is also very athletic 



She was once champion on beam at New York State Meet


I love watching her tumbling on floor, swinging on bars, and balancing on beam



since very young, she just has a mind of her own, with her strong personality, come strong will, a girl who once do not want to miss a day of training at the gym, decided to give up and never look back since then, no one, not anyone from mommy to trainer, to head coach, to friends can change her little mind. And being her, she made up her mind to move back to New York City, no other school in the West Coast would attract her, she made up her mind, NYC is where she wants to be.



my heart is aching right now... sop sop....

but sometimes

we 

just 

have

to

let 

go




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the wonderful pic you shared with us!
Elma

Jessy Christopher said...

Beautiful tribute post to your girl! Love the photos :) TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Kirstie, she's beautiful too!

Thank you for sharing your road down memory lane with us. What
beautiful memories you'll have always!

Dora said...

Ow she is beautiful, and I can understand how you are feeling, but sometimes you need to let go. when I see those pictures I think you are togheter always, how far away she is!

Ros Crawford said...

My heart aches for you too ... This is a huge moment in time ... it takes time to adjust ... not that we ever really do ... we just move on into another phase ... I can promise you this though ... that beautiful baby will always need you ... will always hold close to her heart your love ... even when she doesn't show it ... even when we don't think it... Be proud of yourself my sweet friend ... You did it! xxx

sandi said...

Beautiful pics Kirsty! Yes, they do grow fast...my youngest is in her last year of college...where does the time go? It's another beautiful stage Kirsty...you have so much more to look forward to...her college achievements, graduation, career, hubby down the road, and maybe grandchildren...oh yes, the journey is soooooooooooo sweet...you must tell yourself to enjoy each wonderful stage my friend.
A big hug to you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful post my friend... she is just a gorgeous girl!! Big HUGS and LOVE to you Mama!!!

Lea said...

This is beautiful. My prayers and best wishes go out to your baby girl and to you!!!
(BTW, maybe it's pregnancy hormones, maybe not, but this one brought me to tears. Thanks for the reminder to cherish these times while I have them.)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful post, Kirsty, I am right there with you, only I did it four times. I am still letting go as I get older! Enjoy your husband and me time now and always look toward the future. God Bless, hugs and have the best Thursday that it can be!

Unknown said...

You have written this post with the loving heart of a mother. It is difficult to let go, but your girl will do just fine. Just remember how she kept her balance on the bar, she'll continue to do so in life. Take care, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You post is so sweet and full of love it brought me to tears. I just know she will do great. She learned from you!! I just adore you photos.

Hugs~

Lynnda said...

What you said are so true... I wish the same too... but life as it is ..is a circle... I'm sure our parents had the same thoughts like we do... Just remember you did so well... look at your two girls... they made you proud... just embrace this wonderful and beautiful ..im sure she felt the same way .... big hugs my friend... xoxo

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful post and a lovely tribute to your daughter. I wish her all the good things life has to offer! My heart goes out to you, I know that pain!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I've got tears in my eyes for you, Kirsty! Such a proud and happy moment, but so difficult, too. I already live in fear of my son leaving next year. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post Kirsty and this part.....and now, I really "get it". If I have a time machine right this minute, I would trade all the beautiful things I have in a heartbeat to enjoy a few hours again with my kids when they were little, cherish every smile, tear, frown, tantrum and especially those priceless hugs!

I'm right along side of you! I feel the same way and I remember how hard it was when the kids left home...Its that they are our lives for so long and we give our lives and all our time to them and then one day poof...gone and then were left feeling like what now?
But, Im so proud of the independant ,strong kids mine turned out to be and I see that in your too :-) Im crying with you!! Hugs!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Time does go by far to quickly. She has grown into a wonderful young woman that you can be proud of. It isn't easy to let go;-)

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Beautifully written...I see my eldest growin up so fast..soon I'll b seeing myself plan school and even college may come by before I know it...I watch her while she's asleep..thinking my baby's growin soo fast...ur right...when the time is right, we have to let go... :)