Saturday, September 15, 2012

Home and many more....

Hello friends, I am home.....

and I have lots of share today, part of it with a heavy heart, while I was writing this post, TV was playing President Obama speaking at the ceremony for slain ambassador Christopher Stevens and 3 other American heros. I can't stop my tears watching the ceremony as I witnessed one just few hours ago while I was in Boston airport. At the viewing deck, together with hundred of passengers taking the same Southwest flight to Chicago, we saw the ceremony for another fallen soldier came home for the last time. 

Not just that..... I arrived in New York on September 11, while our plane was still circling in the air waiting to land, it was just next to the blue towers of light from world trade center


when we walked out from the plane...



it just makes my heart heavy, when when when...  are we going to have

PEACE 

in our tiny little planet?

God blessed the world 
and
God blessed United States of America



****** 

Ok, on the lighter side.....

I came home with these goodies in my mail box


sometime ago, I participated in the Mail Art Exchange organized by Kissinia
I sent one of my envelope to my blog friend Sandi, and I got one from her this week
Just look at those pretty house and the sewing on the envelope


and a pretty little tag in there too, lots of great texture and awesome sewing, a typical Sandi's creation and I love it, thank you Sandi!!!!

*******

Next up......

What I make in my craft room today




now it's time to put on a snowflake stamp 


and send it over to

this week's challenge is "Going Postal"

Stop by and join in the fun!




18 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful postage stamp designed Christmas card, love it! That must have been some sight to see the tower lights from the air!

hugs
glenda

Anonymous said...

the postcard is so nice

Elma

Ros Crawford said...

I am so sorry to hear about the attack on your consulate .. my thoughts are with you all ... I too wish there could be peace ... it has to start in our own lives I think ...
Your gifts are so lovely Kirsty ... something lovely to come home to to remind you that there are many good people on our planet ..
And your card is beautiful ... so pretty ... I loved this challenge ... sending hugs to you my dear friend

Unknown said...

I wonder the same thing Kirsty... will there ever always be peace in this world, what have we people learnt from things happening in the past... hardly anything it seems... Thank goodness we're living partly in our blogging world, a place where beauty is created, such as your gorgeous card here!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sad what happened in Libya.... I love the touching photos and loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your card!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeee the angel!!!!

Sylvia said...

Love postcard for Christmas, Kirsty, I think it wondrous! So glad you are home safe and sound. Have a good Saturday!

Unknown said...

What a heartfelt post my friend. I agree with you totally. Will there ever be world peace.

What a cute postcard. always fun to get happy mail..

Hugs~

Linda Breedlove said...

So glad you're back home safely, Kirsty. Your card is beautiful... love the Count Your Blessing sentiment!!! And how wonderful to find such fabulous goodies in your mailbox from dear friends!
Hugs!

SmilynStef said...

Love all of the wonderful elements you combined for your fun postal card ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Davi said...

Crazy the things happening and the hearts of so many families broken by the hatred of others!!
So Kirsty your gifts are wonderful..so fun to get treasures from others ;) I love your card and all the fun postal embellies. Have a great weekend.

Bev Gomez said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my challenge card. Darling Postal card. Hugs, Bev

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥! what a totally GORGEOUS vintage-themed holiday card! i just loooooooooooove the combination of images you've used and that little postage stamp is the icing on an already FAB*U*LOUS cake!!! YUM!! ♥

Bente Fagerberg said...

Loved your pretty card and also Sandis little gift. Both so precious.

Sue Lelli said...

Can't believe you flew into NY on Sept 11 and saw the twin blue beams. Makes me so sad and mad at the unrest in this world. On to your FAB post card card! LOVE the images and the border and stamp are FAB! Yes we should count our blessings!

sandi said...

Yes, we will never forget! Your pics are so heartfelt!!! Love your fabulous card Kirsty!!!
Tks. for the love my friend!
Hugs!

Lynnda said...

Love your Jingle card Kirsty!!! Hugs...xoxo

Audrey Pettit said...

I understand your heavy heart, Kirsty! So many heart wrenching things all at once........
Glad you had some happy mail waiting for you to cheer you up some when you got home. And I love your Christmas card. Love the postcard design and love the sweet vintage die cut. :)

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Kirsty this is simply gorgeous!! love love love!!! :)