Friday, June 8, 2012

LESSolgy Challenge #15 - Bookend

Hi all, I know I was gone all week, got home last night at 10 PM and was so tired, went to bed right away, well, guess I get some my energy back from sleeping for almost 11 hours straight ..... : )

Alright, I am late for posting my project for LESSolgy Challenge #15 - Bookend

Don't throw away your empty candy can....


I used black acrylic paint all over


and then the old book pages from HERE (LESSology challenge #1) to create my New York City Skyline


here's my bookend...... guess you know by now who is my favorite author, LOL!


I actually have a story behind this bookend too. When my husband and I were at the beginning stage of our dating, he drove me home one night back to Manhattan after having dinner at Edgewater, New Jersey. In between Manhattan and Edgewater is the Hudson river, that night, we saw a huge full moon hanging just right above the Hudson, and I remember the radio in the car was playing Christopher Cross's "Arthur's Theme", the line sings..... If you get caught between the moon and New York City, the best that you can do, the best that you can do.... is fall in love....... I guess we were caught between the moon and New York City that night : )


Please hop over to LESSology to see all the beautiful projects of our team and I hope you play along too!

Our sponsor this time is


EAD Designs is going to offer a $25.00 Gift Certificate!!

Website: http://stencilwords.com/ocart/

Blog: http://stencilwords.com/blog/


E.A.D DESIGNS is a family owned and operated business. Emily Nelson (owner) started E.A.D DESIGNS in 2002 and in a few short years has grown into one of the largest retailers/wholesalers for Vinyl Lettering and Wall Art.
Our website launched in 2004. We started out with vinyl sayings and then offered our customers Wall Art in 2004.
Our Design Center was added in 2005 and is one of our greatest website features, allowing you to create and design your custom quotes online.
We recently launched a new scrapbooking rub-on line in 2009 and in 2010  started offering our AMAZING Stickerz and printed WallArt.
With our passion for Crafts & Design we have been able to stay up on the newest and hottest trends. Selling directly online helps us keep our prices down so that everyone can afford our beautiful designs.




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic!
Elma

Ros said...

Not only do I LOVE your bookend which is totally amazing ... but I LOVE the story ... how beautiful!! and Welcome home ... missed 'ya!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just love love love love what you did with that can Kirsty!! LOVING that skyline!!!!

~amy~ said...

awesome upcycling...wow...11 hours?!

Dora said...

Gorgeous bookend and love the story!

Lynnda said...

I really love your take on this... IT's clever... and its beautifully altered!!! Totally loving this!!! Hugs...xoxo

sandi said...

Now that is VERY creative! Love what you've come up with for this challenge!

Deb Hickman said...

Love it !!! What a great way to use an empty tin. Deb xxx

Sylvia said...

What a lovely bookend and a beautiful story, Kirsty! So glad you are back and have gotten some rest. Have a wonderful weekend!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful book-end!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this is a fantastic repurposed project!

What a sweet story!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous story. And your bookend looks amazing. Well done my friend..

Hugs~

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post Kirsty, really love the story behind your fabulous bookend, always love it when there's more to a creation! And now I keep singing that beautiful song ;-)

yyam said...

Such a sweet project Kirsty! I love hearing about your love story....:)

Tan's Hobbies said...

Brilliant project, Kristy!! Thanks for sharing your lovely story!! It so sweet!!

Audrey Pettit said...

How very, very cool, Kirsty! LOVE that book paper skyline! And love your sweet love story to go along!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

I love your altered book end! Fantastic! :)