Thursday, March 17, 2011

Guest Designer ~ Altered Art

I am sharing an altered project today, it is a rolling pin and I thought it would make a perfect gift for house warming.


I was invited to be the Guest Designer this month at this amazing challenge blog
you really need to hop over and join in the fun


Even the inspiration photos make you dream.......



have you ever dream of having a kitchen like that?


the theme is to make an altered project for the kitchen


you definitely should hop over to ALTERED ART, the different kind of altered project made by the DT is simply wonderful



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you follow the link and maybe play along with them!

Pastila said...
Hi Kirsty! It's so beatiful!! Thank you for the details photos!! I love your project!
Helen Tilbury said...
Wow Kirsty that is so cute - gee those inspiration photos are gorgeous too! You must have a very beautiful shabby chic home judging by all the beautiful things you make :)
Julie Tucker-Wolek said...
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! That is JUST GORGEOUS!!! That is a FAB GIFT!! And congrats on the GDT!! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Craftylicious said...
Congrats on the GDT Kirsty!!! I love your rolling pin!! so tastefully altered and that shabby chic goodness is yummy!! :) The kitchen looks gorgeous..!!
Paper Boutique said...
wow, you know I would just hang the rolling pin forever in my kitchen, what a eautiful piece!
Lynnda Hosni said...
WoWZERS!!! That is JUST GORGEOUS!!! Definitely a very fabulous gift!!Brilliant idea!! And congrats on the GDT!! Awesome... hugs..xoxo
papertrails leaver said...
I love love love this! Seriously I want to make one now! it's adorable and so shabby chic! What a great house warming gift! :-) Amy
papertrails leaver said...
Congrats on the Guest designer gig!
Netty said...
Loving your altered rolling pin, so pretty.
yyam said...
So very pretty!!!! Such a beautiful decorative piece for someone's new home!

Congrats on being GDT! :)
sweet craf-tea chick said...
oh kirsty, your altered rolling pin is gorgeous! perfect for the inspiration photo! would love to hang that in my kitchen, hehe. just fabulous! thanks for sharing and have a great friday and weekend! *hugs* steph :)
Mona L. Pendleton said...
Oh so pretty Kirsty! You really did an amazing job altering that rolling pin! Love all the gorgeous embellishments especially the sweet butterfly!
Sylvia said...
This is such a soft and beautifully done gift! It is absolutely gorgeous, Kirsty and I am sure it will be appreciated!
Ёлка said...
Красота!!!
Willy's creations said...
Beautiful creation you made!

Hugs,Willy
zizika said...
Очень интересная задумка и просто великолепное исполнение!!
Heather Jacob said...
ooohhhh Kirsty this is sooo yummy, delicious and delectable ..... creative and inspiring.... love it .. hgz x
Ros said...
Wow Kirsty this is so lovely ... those pictures are beautiful aren't they ... definitely a girlie kitchen ... and your altered rolling pin fits in perfectly
{Lynn - that's me!} said...
Oh Kirsty - this is so beautiful. What a lovely gift for a housewarming or even a bridal shower. Either way, I would find it difficult to "undress" it to use it...it would definitely because a part of the decor. This is lovely!
Ginny said...
You are right; This would make a fabulous housewarming gift. I would never use it either. It would hang in my kitchen forever! It is really beautiful, Kirsty. The colors are so sweet and the embellishments are just awesome.
Ginny said...
Oh, forgot to tell you that the picture of the kitchen is just like the kitchen I would love to have. It's so beautiful and the colors are so soft, sweet and romantic. Do people really have kitchens that look like that?
Davi said...
Oh my gosh Kirsty, this is some fabulous eye candy!! I love it all the pretty girly elements and and color. The vintage decorations are so perfect with the rolling pin!!
jacirascrap said...
Que idéia adorável!!! Combinou totalmente com a cozinha das fotos! Gosto muito de projetos alterados, e esse teu é o máximo!!
Linda R. said...
Congrats on your GD spot.. I think they pick the perfect gal for the job.. Your rolling pin is fabulous.. I really mean that.. I just love it.. Hope you are enjoying your day!!!

Hugs, Linda
lauren bergold said...
well, seeing as LHJ is the chief cook and kitchen-inhabiter around here, i think i'll NEVER have a kitchen like this...but considering the fabulous FOOD it's a fair trade.

on the other hand seeing a project like you have made here...♥♥♥♥♥ ...could anything make me drool more than those luscious pinks and white, the lacy details, the fabulous ribbons & roses??!?! probably not! :) :) :)
Amelia Khalik said...
That is one gorgeous rolling pin!!! Decorated with so much shabby goodness!!! I love it big time!!!..:))))
Cheryl Nelson said...
wowzers! So creative and gorgeous and fabulous all "rolled" up in to one AMAZING project!!!
Martina said...
Very sweet this - really, the perfect housewarming gift!
Ira said...
I think this is your best project so far ever Kirsty! I'm in love and in awe, so pretty!!
Lynette said...
This is a stunning project Kirsty.
Tracy said...
I have never seen an altered rolling pin, but this is one awesme project! It's beautiful Kirsty. Wow... just wow!
Stella said...
OMG; this is a jewel. Into my favorite folder it goes. Kirsty I know why they asked you to be their GD. This is STUNNING!
I am in love with this; do you accept custom orders? I would love to have a beauty like this......
Lea said...
Sigh... how did I miss this post! So glad you linked back to it! This is gorgeous! Now I need to head on over to Altered Art!

No comments: