Tuesday, August 14, 2018

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 425 ~ Books

August 9th is Singapore's National Day, on Sunday, we went to my friend's house to celebrate Singapore's birthday, I baked a vanilla sponge cake for the party...


it was hard to get my whipped cream frosting to the red like in our National Flag, no matter how much food coloring I put in (I usually don't like to use that much artificial coloring), I am still getting pink instead of red, oh how stupid I am, the cream is white, it will never get to this red that I want, so I had to get my husband to the store at 11 PM to get my 2 cans of cherries, that is the exact red I need!

.....................................

This week at City Crafter Challenge Blog, the theme is BOOKS!
Check out challenge details HERE!


I still love this old stamp set from Papertrey Ink called All Booked Up, and the background stamp is also from PTI, the wreath die I believe is Reversed Confetti, sometimes you have so many things you don't remember where are they from, does that happened to you, or you are super organized and remember all your stuff?



Come join in the fun at City Crafter Challenge Blog


I am still putting new items on my Crafty Stuff for Sale Page, do check it out!



15 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Kirsty! Happy birthday to Singapore! I love that you used cherries to get the beautiful red that you needed for the cake! It is fabulous and I bet the vanilla sponge cake is delicious, too. And your card is absolutely adorable! I love what you did with the book theme!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your cake looks AMAZING!!! And I loveeeeeee your card! LOVING the image and love love love the opened book!!!!!

Mac Mable said...

Wow to your amazing cake, how unique and wonderful...well done DH too x. Such a classy card and love the scene you've created x

Marina said...

Oh yum that cake looks amazing. Love your very pretty card too - the image is like a vintage bookplate and you've made it into a cute modern card.

Lucille K said...

Your cake looks delicious, Happy Singapore day to you and your family. I love the stamps you used for your card, perfect for the challenge :)

Adam said...

That's a really cool cake

Maria said...

Very pretty card, Kirsty! Love the wreath die and wonderful stamped background! Have a great weekend!

Greta said...

Oh you made me laugh, Kirsty! Your cake looks wonderful--bet it tasted as good as it looks! Wonderful card & you're making me want to find that wreath die--LOVE it!

Contagiously Crafty said...

You are right, Kirsty. Those cherries make a beautiful and delicious looking cake! I'm sure it was the hit of the party! Your card is adorable too. Great colors and love the book theme. Heading over now to check out the challenge.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the heart wreath and the pretty BG!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, your cake looks beautiful! And so does your card! LOVE that glittered wreath surrounding that cute PTI image, and the open book below is perfect for your theme.... and looks like the bow on the wreath, too. SO clever!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh that cake looks wonderful! As does your card!

Lisa said...

SO very beautiful! And yeah... drooling over the cake..lol! But the card is very sweet and beautiful!

Tracy said...

your card has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it. I really like the silhouette stamp and that glittery die cut.

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a pretty card...love the circle of hearts! Yummy and gorgeous cake too! ;-)