Saturday, July 14, 2018

New Home and Holiday Card

We have been busy, getting ready to move and selling our current house, besides the Master bedroom, an office space, a casida with bedroom, small kitchen space and living area, we also have two other bedrooms, we have been changing our mind on whether I want to have a REAL craft room using one of the bedroom, or just share the office space with hubby, which means crafting storage space is limited, I like the idea of having both bedrooms as guest room, but then on the other hand, we only will have a house full once a year when all three kids are home, kind of a waste to leave the two bedroom empty as guest room and not a room cater to our daily life, so we are switching back and forth many times, trying to talk ourself into one idea from the other, what do you think I should do? Have a full size craft room and one guest bedroom or cut down my craft supplies by a lot and share the office space with DH?

Anyway, regardless my decision, there are things that I think I will never use again, I list them HERE before I post at ebay, let me know if you are interested in any, I will continue to clean up and add more photos, for now, check them out HERE!!!

So here's my current craft room....


it is a loft on the upstairs of our current house, it is my very first craft room because I used to craft on our kitchen counter while we live in NYC.


I do have a lot of stuff in the closet, they also spread to Clare's room after she moved out, and there also took up a lot of space in our garage, so I do have a lot of things that I need to get rid of.

Alright, share some ideas if you would!

Next is a holiday card for a Jewish friend.....


when I send holiday cards in December, I often struggle with what kind of card I should send to my Jewish friend, well.... I think I have a solution now.


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget, check out THIS PAGE regularly as I will be posting some of my stuff over there.

Have a fun-filled weekend!




9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think you should take the room in the new place - as you know I have my own room for crafting, but when Adam comes to visit, I move my craft table into the garage, and then put his queen size blow up bed in there. That might be something to look into! :) I am LOVING the card for your Jewish friends!! That is such a thoughtful idea!!!!! It is beautiful!!!!!

Adam said...

Nice card

Marina said...

Yes, it's a lovely winter holiday card - ideal for the occasion. I know a lot of Muslims and at Christmas I send them quite generic 'happy holidays', 'let it snow' - snowmen and robin type cards- pretty much what I send everyone else but without the word Christmas!

Have your own craft room. You can always put a single bed against the wall and use it as a sofa. Then a guest can have the pleasure of sleeping amongst your craft stash - if they can't sleep , maybe they'll make a card!

Greta said...

Perfect winter card for anyone! Well, it would be an easy decision for me--have your own craft room--haha! My craft stuff is spread throughout the house & I could never be happy with 1/2 a room, but that's just me. I do need to get rid of a lot of stuff I never use. Having said that, I'll take a look at what you're selling. Typical for me--say I need to get rid of stuff & promptly go see what I might buy--haha! Good luck with the move, Kirsty!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card and perfect for your friends! It's a difficult time moving but I would opt for your own space... Everyone needs there own space and you could put a day bed in there too. I watched the video of Yana Smakula's move and she only has a tiny area to create but it works for her... Check it out. I too need to get rid of a lot of things and concentrate on only what I need now I have decided my style and what I actually like to use.
Good luck in whatever you do my lovely friend.

Sylvia said...

Moving, Wow! I am glad I am not moving again. Hope you found your dream home, Kirsty. We moved here is June nine years ago, can't imagine how hot it will be in August. It is supposed to be 105 by Tuesday...ugh! Like the thought of snowflakes when it is so warm. Great snowflake card.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Best wishes in your new home, Kirsty! I would definitely have a craft room!!! That would be wonderful. And I absolutely love your gorgeous card! It's so pretty and thoughtful!!

Audrey Pettit said...

That card is perfect! Love the snowflakes and dots and the whimsical look of the background panel. Reminds me of a snow flurry!

I think you should go with the craft room, too. You would really get a lot of use out of it, as opposed to letting that room sit empty for most of the year. You can always put a little daybed in there for when guests come.

Contagiously Crafty said...

I noticed your follow-up and decision. Good for you! This card is wintery. I'm sure that it doesn't quite feel like winter, so this card is refreshing. Happy new home, Kirsty!