Tuesday, August 15, 2017

San Francisco and City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 375 ~ You don't bring me flowers!

We got a lot, a lot done this past week, first we went to San Francisco to visit Clare, Jared and Lila...


Clare is just like me, she is easily adjusted to anywhere, she loves her new home, her apartment, new school, new job. Jared is very homesick, Lila had a hard time adjusting to new room mate, fell sick just a few days after their move to San Francisco, but they are all fine now.


San Francisco to me means Hog Island clam chowder, a meal that I will never miss if I am there.


we did a 7 miles long city hike.... starting ferry building


walk along the water and get to pier 39.....


fort mason......


a lot of steep hills to climb....


but the view is worth it....


more walk along the water and pass by some million dollars houses....


of course Palace of the Fine Arts, one of my favorite spot in San Francisco... continue to walk to Presidio, SF, and a very very steep hill to the place where Clare works.....


found a coyote hunting for food in the woods....


whew... finally there!

We had dinner with the kids, and then back to their new apartment to play with Lila, it was a lovely day spending with people we love.

......................................

This week at....



The theme is.....

You Don't Bring me Flowers
(Check out challenge details here)

Not a fan of Barbara Streisand but the tune sure stuck in my eyes.


my card has no flowers but tree....


Christmas tree to be exact.....


it's time to do some mass production of these stuff.....


in no time I am going to need them, a lot of them!

Come join in the fun at












13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures and beautiful cards1
Elma

Mac Mable said...

Such contemporary and beautiful CAS Christmas cards. Thank you for sharing those glorious photos with us and you sure look like you had a fabulous time? x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the photos of SF!!!!!! We are hoping to visit there next year!!! And loving those cards!!! Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam said...

I only get homesick when I'm away on travel and always in some kind of "strange space" where I don't feel normal

Lucille K said...

Pretty and simple Christmas cards, so nicely done. Thanks for sharing photos of your trip to SF :)

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh I was just creating Christmas cards with that tree die last night!! Evidently I love your cards! LOL!

FAB trip pics, too!

Marina said...

Lovely pics of your trip! Your Christmas card is a simple striking design , suitable for anyone.

Ros Crawford said...

What super photos Kirsty! I'm so glad you got to catch up with Clare and everything is fine. That's a lot of walking girl!
Love your set of cards, especially the ones with the green trees... Perefct design to make a set. Wishing you a wonderful day and sending hugs!

Tieva-Design said...

Thanks for all those photos! And I love your cards too!
Gabi

Contagiously Crafty said...

Wow - your hike sounds challenging but rewarding! The pictures are a nice reminder, I'm sure. Your cards are fantastically graphic. So good that you are out ahead of schedule. You've inspired me.

Greta said...

Your pictures brings back memories of times I visited San Francisco with my sister--been a long time. Got hubby a beautiful pewter eagle statue at Pier 39. We never did all that walking--I'm impressed! Glad they're adjusting to their new lives--sweet picture of Clare & Lila! Your Christmas cards are modern & wonderful, Kirsty! Think one of my new items is a die very similar to that tree, so thanks for the inspiration!

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning photo's....and great Christmas cards! A great design! Love it! ;-)

Audrey Pettit said...

I always get a little homesick, too, when I see pictures of SF. Does make me long to go home.... :D Sounds like you guys had an amazing time and got to take in tons of sights on your long walk. So nice!
Loving the patterned paper trees on your sweet cards! Adds a touch of fun and whimsy to the design, and I love how everything pops with the crisp black and white background! Really graphic and eye catching!