Thursday, August 21, 2014

Project Life 2014 ~ July 11 - 20

Project Life 2014

July 11

Dolce is back in Singapore interned at global banking department there, it is her first day in Singapore and she sent me photos of the yummy food she had.


July 14

Breaking news!!!!!
We just learn that Ikea is coming to Las Vegas, summer 2016. I know, it is 2 years away but I can sure wait. I love Ikea, way back when I still living in Singapore, my girl friend Ann and I would go there few times a week for breakfast and just window shopped, oh of course, we picked up little trinkets here and there, I just love Ikea market place. Now that I live in Las Vegas, the nearest Ikea is Burbank CA, whenever I visited Clare, I always make a stop at Ikea.


July 15

Today is Papi's 1st birthday.
Happy Birthday dear Papillon!!!!!


we took him for his birthday walk and then gave him his birthday present after shower, he tear his birthday present in 5 minutes but we don't care! : )



I dig out his baby bell and let him wear that today, the one he wore when he first came into our life.

this is Papi at 9 weeks old, I still keep that red ribbon bell he wore and put it on him again today, on his first birthday



by the way, if you haven't know yet, Papi wear a different ribbon/bell every time after we shower him, mostly once a week, so by looking at the ribbon, I'd know when the photo was taken, my hubby thinks that I am crazy that way, LOL!


If you don't know the story of how Papi came into our life, you can read about it HERE!
We want a dog but we travel a lot and KNEW that we can't have one, I don't know how one Saturday shopping at Pier 1 changed everything, but it did! Sometimes when I hold him in my arms, I still can't believe we have a dog.



July 16

We just need to take a few photos on our deck to mark this special day of Papillon.

Photo in September when we first got Papi, he was 9 weeks old then


photo today when Papi is ONE!


just look at how much he has grown in a year


I love your Papillon!!!!

Well, I also do a bit of canning today


jalapenos straight from our garden to the can


Liz left a comment on this post asking for the recipe, HERE you go Liz!

Ingredients:
10 or more large Jalapenos, trim the stem and slice
2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup filtered water
4 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt

*note - I tried 2 tablespoon salt, my husband loves it but I think it is a little too salty for me so I reduced half of the salt for the 2nd batch.

Method:

In a medium sauce pan combine the garlic, water, vinegar, sugar and salt.



Heat to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Once at a boil, add sliced jalapenos pressing them so they are submerged under the pickling liquids.


Remove the pot off the heat and let them sit for 10-15 minutes.

Use tongs to transfer the jalapenos into a clean jar.

Ladle the picking juice over top until you’ve reached the top of the jar.

Let cool at room temperature before securing a lid and popping them into the fridge.

Should last a long while if kept refrigerated in a airtight jar.




.......................


Still on the road, I will visit you when I come home.





18 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous photos!! Happy Birthday to Papi!!! TFS!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwww Happy Birthday to Papi and I love the new hair do on you!!! And YAYYYYYYYY for IKEA!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

She looks like she is really enjoying herself.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Papi!!!! Your dd looks like she's ready for the day, but how is she going to fit all that food into her small body lol! There's an IKEA in Sacramento!

Tieva-Design said...

I love the way, how you keep those memories!
Gabi

Unknown said...

Such happy memories all kept safe and sound. Gosh, how Papi has grown!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Maria said...

A lovely photo of your daughter with yummy food! And, a big Happy 1st Birthday to Papi! Papi certainly has grown! Such sweet photos!:-)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the photos for your Project Life! Happy Birthday Papi!

1CardCreator said...

Happy Birthday to Papi, I read how he came in to your lives, that was really sweet. Beautiful pictures for your project life too. ~Diane

Lululiz said...

Thank you so much for the recipe, Kirsty, doesn't sound too complicated and I bet the peppers turn out ever so delicious. I am going to give it a go! xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgoodness, what an awesome post! I LOVE all your photos, and LOVE your PL pages! Such cute PL cards you used! Papi is just the cutest thing. I love him with his birthday present!

Stella said...

I always enjoy your PL posts but I guess I missed a few(sorry...). And this post is a wonderful example of PL. All bits and pieces of your daily life. What keeps you busy, what matters to you. Love sseing all the photos.
About IKEA; it's her ein our town and I am going there tomorrow. Just 15 minutes on my bike and I am there. I guess I am lucky. It 's always fun to go through the store!

Alexa T said...

Happy Birthday to Papi!! I know... he's a sweet... All the best to you all! And such lovely photo instants and memories shared in your amazing posts (lovely travels, aspects from life and thoughts). Have a sunny summer weekend!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I can't believe that it has been a year. Happy birthday Papi.

Manuela said...

super lovely photos from papi and you!
the recipe sounds good, maybe I try it next year, i don't have jalapenos in the garden.

Sylvia said...

I know Papi had a wonderful birthday because you were there, Kirsty, and I am impressed with your canning!

Glenda Atkins said...

Happy Birthday to Papi and I must try your jalapeño recipe, thanks for a wonderful post!
hugs
Glenda

Greta said...

I so love visiting your blog, Kirsty! This is one of my favorite posts--Papi always steals the show for me! He is so adorable--was at 9 months & is at 1 yr! What a great idea to use the different ribbons to know the date of the picture! Your pages are a treasure!