Saturday, July 9, 2011

YAY, weekend is here!!!!

It is first week of July, that means a new muse at CASE STUDY
Dawn Woleslagle has this lovely card for you 



Here's my take for the challenge


Case Study is one of my favorite challenge and I played there quite a bit, but I noticed that whenever there is a bright and colorful card by the Muse, I tends to approach it with the softer color scheme, hmm.... I think I am afraid of bright colors..... 


the stamped image has a water color effect that I love


and this birthday card is going out of my door today, across the ocean to a crafty friend! : )


tonight we are going to Dave Koz's concert, since i moved to Vegas a year ago, we just had so many great concert, one that I haven't mention few weeks ago was Bobby Vinton, I can't even believe I have a chance to watch him live in concert, I remembered singing his song "roses are red", "blue velvet" etc way back when I was so little, my uncle Mark would played the guitar and I sang along, that is how I learn all these oldies, and I am telling you, for his age ( I think he is in his 70s), his voice has not taken back, he is energetic on stage, and the whole concert was so much fun, and it was so funny that my husband and I looked like kindergardeners at his concert, his audiences there were mostly elderly, and they seem to have a blast just like us.

20 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty in pink...I am sure she is going to be delighted with this pretty card.

Have a wonderful weekend.

xx

Deb Hickman said...

Very pretty,love the water colour effect. Haveva good weekend.xxx

Ros said...

Oh Kirsty this is lovely ... beautiful stamp ... can imagine that would look beautiful on material ... enjoy your concert ...

Elborgi said...

Kirsty- this card is so nice
Elma

Ira said...

Lovely poppyflower card, nice effect! Have fun at the concert, must google him, have never heard of Dave Koz before...

Иришка said...

Очень интересная работа! Цветы классные, и карта просто восхитительная!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is so lovely! LOVE those flowers and the lace around the sentiment!

BEAR's Mom said...

love the softer colors
those flowers are G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.
i saw Bobby Vinton about 10 years
ago in Branson, Missouri
i loved it...he came down
to the audience and stopped for
pictures while he was still singing.
yep...i have a picture with my arm
around one of my teen idols {{{LOL}}}
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

chilli pip said...

those soft colours are just as striking as the bright ones ...love them x

Linda R. said...

I think your soft colors look wonderful. Such a pretty card. I LOVE the water color flowers.

Sounds like you guys are having a blast.. Going to all the concerts.. Bruce and I went to see Johnny Lee (country singer) a while ago and I think some of those older performers put on a great show.. Hope you have fun tonight..

Hugs, Linda

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Kirsty! and your concert...I saw Bobbie Vinton live in Jakarta Indonesia at the Petroleum Club, in 1983 or 84. There were like only two hundred people in the room and it was so hot that he had to take off his coat for his performance. We got to dance to his music as well. I did get to shake his hand, it was like a dream come true. He was one of my favorites in the 70's. Enjoy your concert!

Stella said...

I think that your take on the challenge is amazing. I love the water color effect of the stamp. It has a touch of softness and looks so subtle and pretty. It made me think of poppies and I love how this turned out.
And your punched borders on top are amazing.
Your friend will love it; just like me :)!
Even I know the song blue velvet; yes we're about the same age I guess. But I can't sing. If I start singing the windows will tear apart and everybody is leaving the house :)

Victoria said...

Oh Kirsty! I love the watercolor feel of your card, so soft and romantic! You've done a great card, good luck!

Charlene said...

What a beautiful card Kirsty!!!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooh! how did you get that soft watercolory effect using the stamp? it's ♥AWESOME♥ and makes it look like you painted on those gorgeous blossoms! amazing!

Craftylicious said...

lovely card dearie! that one lucky recepient to receive such a pretty projects from u! :) hopw u enjoyed the concert! ;)

Juls said...

just beautiful!! hugs Juls

Joanne Leddy said...

Beautiful card, Kirsty! I think you're fab with the bright colors! The flowers are amazing!

Andrea Ewen said...

The watercolor effect is simply beautiful! Love the colors and the way you matted the sentiment panel with the lace! Very creative!