Tuesday, July 5, 2011

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #64 ~ Birds of a Feather

It is my turn to host this week challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog, I am so in love with this shabby vintage birdcage


and since bird and birdcage are all over the place in the paper crafting world right now, why not do a Birds of a Feather challenge, you need to have bird or birdcage on your project, it can be prints on DP, images, diecut, embellishment such as charm, to an altered item such as birdcage, birdhouse etc, so get creative!!!!

Here's my DT work for this challenge


how about a birdcage filled with Pixie Signature Crinkled Ribbon to keep this little card company?


here's my little blue bird....



from another angle....




Hope to see you joining us this week!

We have Nadia Cannizzo from Just My Scrapping World as our guest

A beautiful prize package sponsored by CaityAshBadashery

and of course the lovely works of our DT


How fun, hop over to City Crafter now!!!

20 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! I love the lace detail over your little bird! Hugs Juls

Faye said...

Wow, wow, WOW! xx

Ros said...

What a clever way to dress up your birdie ... beautifully done Kirsty .. great challenge too ... thanks so much

Elborgi said...

wow!!!!!!!! So romantic touch!
Elma

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous,love the lace bird,fab idea.xxx

Stella said...

Did you cover that bird with lace yourself? My oh my Kirsty it really is the eyecatcher of card which is breathtaking. I am a big fan of your creations and this is such a lovely color combo; pink, creran and neutrals. Right up my alley and I LOVE this card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that bird covered in lace!!! WOW!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynette said...

I love the birds and cages we see on paper and embellies at the moment...you did awesome in this challenge. Gorgeous card.

Linda R. said...

Oh my goodness. What a fabulous card. So many wonderful Layers.. thanks for such a fun challenge this week, I just loved it..

Hugs, Linda

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Kristy. That pretty bird is awesome. Love the lace, the colors... the crinkled ribbon is fabulous... and I want one of those birdcages!

jacirascrap said...

Kirsty, querida, amei!! Não vejo a hora de me sentar e confeccionar algo com seu tema!!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Pure GORGEOUSNESS!! LOVE that little lace covered bird!!!

Sylvia said...

Such a wonderful place to store ribbon! I love your card and that lovely lace covered bird, Kirsty! Glad you had some time away from your computer! Have a fun day, great challenge!

Pauline said...

Oh Kirsty, I love your beautiful lacey bluebird, and all the Lacey strips, so pretty!

scrapbookertink said...

Amazing design, love the idea of using the cage for ribbon storage.

june lanum said...

your card is so pretty and I absolutely love the birdcage......

Lynnda Hosni said...

Your lil birdie is all dolled up... pretty... love both the cage and your sweet card Kirsty!!!...hugs..xoxo

Ira said...

Love the lacey tweetie you made Kirsty!! Soooo adorable, as is the birdcage! Perfect display!!

Sue Lelli said...

This is just STUNNING! LOVE the lace bird! How clever! And what a clever idea for a challenge!

Craftylicious said...

omg! wat a lovely bird!!! so very clever my friend!! :)