Sunday, June 5, 2011

Top 3 at CASE STUDY and a new creation for this week's challenge

Before I go on with today's creation, first the happy news...


My card was top 3 winner at CASE STUDY last week


thanks to the gals at CASE STUDY for chosen my card, if you like the paper I used on this card, you can still hop over to The Pixie Shop to get one for yourself, it is really fun!

Now move on to this week challenge at CASE STUDY #42
it is JUNE, therefore a new muse this week

 beautiful card by June muse Jill Foster


Here's my take....



well, I have to confess that this background paper is actually a testing ground for my Mixed Media Art Class, I started my class with Christy Tomlinson, week 1 is to make background with different kind of paint, before I start my project, which is fairy large - 8.5x11. I need to try it on smaller surface first, so this small piece of background is good practice. Well,  I didn't get the effect I want, but it didn't look too bad on this card, what do you think?


by the way, the background is water soluble wax pastel

alright, hope you pop over to CASE STUDY and look at the beautiful creation from the DT, maybe join in the fun?

20 comments:

syviastamps said...

Congrats on your top three card, Kirsty! I love the new card and the butterflies. did you stamp the doilies? Anyway, beautiful card!
Sylvia

Elborgi said...

congrats! And this cards are also very nice
Elma

Deb Hickman said...

Congrats Kirsty, love this week's card, your background looks amazing.xxx

Ros said...

Many congrats Kirsty ... looks like you had fun with this one too ... great background ...

Lynette said...

Congratulations Kirsty...You really create awesome cards.

Pauline said...

The background is gorgeous, and that frilly ribbon is so beautiful!

Sue Kohler said...

a beautiful take on the inspiration card, loving the scrunched ribbon!
congrats on your win at CASE study last week, a very worth badge for another stunning card! :)

Craftylicious said...

Many Congrats Kirsty!!! your cards are tdf!!! :) lovely take on this week's challenge too!!! :)

Jill said...

LOVE that background- it's awesome! HUGS!

Linda R. said...

Congrats to you my friend.. This weeks card looks amazing also.. I have to chime in with everyone else.. That background looks wonderful..

Hugs, Linda

Janetcraft said...

lovely technique...and Congrats to you with the top 3 in Case Study Challenge. Have a lovely weekend!

Aimes said...

I think your test ground is producing fabulous results: I love that background!
Thanks for joining us again on CASE study and congrats on being our Top 3 last week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful cards!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Congrats on your top three card and LOVE your second card!!! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!!

yyam said...

Congrats on making Top 3 at Case Study! :)

Love the trim and the pretty butterflies on your card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeee the buttons in the first one and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the butterflies in the second one!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Kirsty. Love the soft colors and the embossing! Perfect. Congrats on making the Top 3. :o)

Andrea Ewen said...

What a gorgeous background, Kirsty! Love the ruffled ribbon accent and those darling butterflies, too! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, and congrats on the Top Three designation for last week, your card is beautiful!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a lovrly card! I'm glad you enjoyed being in our Top 3, we appreciate your support! :)